Birthright: Final Part

The other half of the team is just arriving at Chrissy and Mary's house. Chrissy is Charlie's pregnant wife who lives at the house with them.

"What happened with Stephen?" Hotch asks.

"Rossi is with him right now. He didn't kill those girls. I'm better off here. I can feel the victims. They're here or they were tortured here. Their energies are everywhere."

JJ and Derek head to the house to talk to Chrissy while the rest of the team hangs back and waits for her approval. When Chrissy nods in agreement for your team to search, you head off in the direction where the energies feel the strongest.

The other officers notice this barn in the back of the property, and the closer you get to it, the stronger the feeling gets. Something is inside this barn, and you're not so sure you want to see it. However, you need to get it open, so the officers produce bolt cutters to snap the bolt lock on the front door.

The big double doors open, and you head inside cautiously. The stench inside is disgusting, and when you find the source of the smell, tears flow down your cheeks. There is a tree stump in the middle of the barn, and there is an axe lodged into the middle of the stump. That's not the thing that is making you cry.

The thing that is making you cry is the body parts littered on the ground, and based on everyone else's reaction, only you can see them.

"This is where he cut them up," you sniffle and look away from the stump.

You wipe your eyes as Spencer wraps his arms around you to comfort you. He kisses the top of your head, and you lean into his side.

"Are you okay?"

"No, but I can handle it," you sigh.

"Obviously this is where he's been torturing them, but where's he keeping them?" Emily asks.

"Somewhere isolated. He can't risk storing them close to his house."

"They're close," you say and pull away from Spencer. "I can feel them. I can feel Tara. She's alive, but she's close."

"Do you know this property?" Hotch asks John.

"No, I only had contact with Robert in town."

You look in the front yard and see Mary get out of her car and walk over to your team.

"Ms. Wilkinson?"

"Chrissy called me. What's going on?"

"We're looking for Charlie." She doesn't seem all that shocked about this, so you press on further. "Don't you want to know why? You knew Charlie was an angry kid and made excuses when he killed the neighbor's cat. You saw the path he was going down. It's why you moved away from this place. You knew what happened here."

"No, that's not true."

"You were afraid of the person he came from. You thought if you just took him away from his father's home, and you kept it all a big secret, then everything would be okay."

"I protected him," she tries to say, but you continue.

"The problem is, with a boy like Charlie who has so much anger and so many questions, needs to know where he came from. He wouldn't quit until he knew, and then one day, he figured it out."

"It was over, John," she says to the old sheriff. "You didn't have to worry about any other girls getting hurt. I did not want my son to have the legacy that his father was a murderer."

"Where's Charlie now?" John asks.

"I don't know. Honestly, I don't," she sighs.

Chrissy might be more help than Mary is being right now, and you can't be in this barn. You turn and head inside the house with Hotch where JJ is talking to Chrissy.