Limelight: Part Two

The house where Dana was found is owned by another person, obviously, who may or may not know the history of the house. If you're going to want to look at the cellar, then you have to be delicate with this in hopes the owner doesn't reject you.

Maybe that's why Hotch wanted you with him so you could do the talking.

"Shawn Overholt?" Hotch says once the man opens the front door. "I'm Agent Hotchner. This is Agent Rossi and Agent Y/N. We're with the FBI."

"You lived here for four years, right?" you ask.

"Yeah."

"I assume disclosures were made at the time of sale about what occurred here?"

"Yeah." Shawn closes the front door and steps outside to talk privately. "My son doesn't know about that, and I prefer to keep it that way."

"Of course. We understand. We'll be discreet. We just need to take a look at your cellar if you wouldn't mind."

"Right this way."

Shawn leaves his porch and takes you three to the side of the house where the entrance to the cellar is. It's overgrown with weeds and other plant life, but the doors are still operational and accessible. Shawn takes out his keys and unlocks the rusty lock.

"I've had it locked up since we moved in. It's kind of useless, anyway. It floods when it rains, it's really damp, and all the electrical's messed up. I hope you guys don't mind if I stay up here."

"We'll try not to take too long."

Shawn leaves you three to it and returns back to his son. Since the electrical doesn't work, you can assume that the lights won't turn on. You take out your phone and use the flashlight built into it to light your way since you don't have a flashlight on you. The cellar is musty, smells dirty, and is very creepy with what little light is seeping in.

"So, he's done with the tour of the main house. Before he goes, he asks the realtor to see the cellar. That's where he gets her."

"Contusion on the back of her head says he surprised her. He incapacitated her with a blunt object."

"Did you notice the neighbors? They were few and far between. She could have screamed as loud as she wanted, and they wouldn't have heard her," you state. "There were also rope burns on her wrists. He probably suspended her."

"He did it here," Rossi says, pointing to a thick wooden beam running across the top of the ceiling. "It's like in his drawings, and then he applied the current and watched her whole body spasm. He makes her dance."

"Where did he get the juice from? Cattle prod? Taser?"

"From the outlet," you say and point your flashlight at the tampered outlet. There are wires coming out of it as if the unsub messed with it to grab power from the house. "It's jerry-rigged. The clamp is still there. He didn't have to use a taser. He pulled power from the house."

"Handy guy."

You stand up and turn to the beam to get a closer look at it, but you see a naked woman hanging from the beam. You gasp and back up into Rossi, scaring the shit out of you. You scream and jump back, putting a hand to your racing heart.

"Are you okay?"

You turn back around to the woman, but she is gone.

"I saw Dana, but she's gone now. Sorry, I got scared. I'm okay."

This was the place the unsub killed the real estate woman, so there is no need for you to be here. After letting Shawn know you're done, you three head back to the police station. Rossi briefed the other half of the team. Spencer is on the phone with Penelope to figure out if there had been any murders in the same area or int he same fashion as Dana, and he places her on speakerphone so she can talk to everyone.