Penelope: Part One

"Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none." - William Shakespeare

"What do you mean she's been shot?" Spencer gasps.

"What do you mean, what do I mean? Penelope's been shot!" you gasp.

"How do you know?"

"I don't know, I just know. Come on, we need to get over to her house."

You and Spencer step over the paint puddle to get to the front door. You gather only the important things and head to your car quickly, feeling the pain worsen in your chest. Spencer hates driving no matter what, so you have to drive all the way over to Penelope's house. By the time you get there, you see sirens flashing and a bunch of officers. There is a fire truck as well as one ambulance, so you know this isn't a joke.

As soon as you park the car, you and Spencer jump out and rush past the growing crowd to where Penelope is.

"Miss? Sir, you can't go in there," an officer tries to stop you.

"We're FBI," you say and flash him your badge. He understands and lets you through, and you rush over to Penelope with tears in your eyes. "Oh, God... Penelope!"

The paramedics finally get her stabilized, so they put her on a stretcher to bring her to the ambulance.

"Miss, who are you?"

"I'm her sister. Spencer, you have to call the rest of the team and meet us at the hospital. Please." You toss him your keys since he will have to drive to the hospital. "Tell them I'll be with her."

Spencer catches the keys, but he is already on the phone with Hotch about the crime. They put Penelope into the ambulance, and you get in right next to her, letting her know that she isn't alone.

"Penelope, I'm right here. You're not alone. Please stay with me," you cry and grab her hand. Two of the paramedics get inside the back with you, and the driver takes off to the nearest hospital.

You're not sure what happened or how this happened or who did it, but the only thing you're worried about is Penelope and keeping her alive. Ever since you started working there, she has become like a sister to you, so lying about that to the paramedics doesn't faze you at all. She is your family, and you're going to make sure her entire family is with her at the hospital.

The ambulance is quick to get to the hospital, but of course, you can't go in with her. She is wheeled into surgery immediately, and you're taken to the waiting room where Spencer is. Seconds later, Hotch, Rossi, JJ, and Emily all show up with worried looks on their faces.

"What the hell happened?" Hotch asks.

"I don't know. Spencer and I were painting when I felt her pain. I rushed over and paramedics were already on the scene. She's in surgery right now," you say with a worried voice.

"What do we know?" Rossi asks.

"Police think it was a botched robbery," Emily says. She must have been on the phone with them on the way over here. "Where's Morgan?"

"He's not answering his phone. I'll call again," Spencer says and takes out his phone.

"What aren't you saying?" Rossi asks Hotch in a low voice so the others don't hear.

"I spoke to one of the paramedics who brought her in. It doesn't look good," Hotch whispers.

You do hear him, and the tears come out in waves. You take a seat and put your head in your hands and silently cry for your friend. JJ leaves to get an update, but she comes back without one.