Damaged: Part Two

JJ gets out her phone and messages you that she is on her way. Your phone rings with the message, and you silently breathe a sigh of relief. Rossi called someone to come and meet him, and when a police car pulls up next to your SUV, you and Rossi both get out.

"Agent Rossi. I'm Gary Willis with the Indianapolis police department."

"I asked for Captain Giles."

"He died a year ago."

"I'm sorry for your loss. He was a good cop. Do you have the Galen files?"

"Yeah, they're right here."

Gary passes over the files to Rossi, but he seems confused by them as if he expected more.

"Do you have anything new?"

"If we do, it's not in this file."

"You don't know? Who's working on this?"

"No one. Twenty years is a long time for a case to be cold. I didn't know this was an FBI case."

"Well, it isn't. Not officially. I was on the original scene the day it happened," Rossi reveals.

"You probably know more about it than I do. At least you had someone to talk to. No one's lived here since that day. There's a housekeeping service that comes in once a week, but otherwise it's empty," Gary says about the house you've been parked outside of for the past hour.

"I know. I own it. I bought it at an auction two years after the murders. The money went to their grandmother. She raised them after... Well, she died some years later and they're still living over there at her house."

Rossi grows sad when he talks about the three children, so this case must truly be haunting him.

"That's pretty personally involved. Do you know these people or something?"

"No. It was their kids. I kind of got attached. Look, I don't mean to be a hard-ass."

"It's no problem. Are we going inside?" Gary asks, eager to get started.

"No, I've spent years looking in that house. There's nothing there, nothing we missed, and no evidence we didn't find. I was hoping you had something new. I'm sorry to bother you. Thanks for coming."

"Could I keep the file?" you ask, and Gary hands the file over to you.

Gary leaves, and you look through the file. It's always good to bring in new people because they might see something that the original agent might have missed. Plus, with your abilities, you know you can solve it if Rossi would just ask for your help.

"We should go inside, Rossi. If the walls were caked in blood, as it says here, then I might get something out of it." Rossi shakes his head, but you grow angry at his attitude. "Look, you're the one who asked me to come here. Unless that reason was to be your company, then use the resources you have right in front of you."

You need Derek, Emily, and JJ out here immediately. If she messaged you twenty minutes ago, you can only imagine they're on the plane over here right now. It's only JJ, Derek, and Emily on the plane as Penelope stays behind. The entire A team is separated with no one left at the office to do the grunt work.

"You know, there's not really much to this file, Garcia," Derek says to Penelope over video chat.

"Oh, there's a latent fingerprint that's making a second run through APHIS as we speak. As soon as I get results, I'll let you know. Then, there's also apparently some crime scene notes that agent Rossi wrote up that I'm still spelunking for."

"So, he was at the actual crime scene with the local detectives?"

"Apparently. It could be why it bothers him so much. It would make sense why he would bring Y/N. A case that cold is no match for someone with Y/N's abilities. This was clearly a bad one. The weapon was a long-handled axe."