Lucky: Final Part

You and Derek head to the church even though it's very late at night. The church should be empty, but it is always open regardless of time, so there could be people inside. Though, when you go inside, it's silent. Father Marks isn't anywhere to be found, but the place isn't completely deserted. There is a woman sitting in one of the pews facing the altar, so her face is turned away from you.

You feel immediate dread coming from her, and you're suddenly scared to be there.

"I'm sorry to interrupt. Um, I'm looking for Father Marks."

The woman doesn't answer, and you know you will never get an answer from her. The candles burning by the altar suddenly go out, and Derek practically jumps ten feet out of his skin. There is no breeze or anything that could blow out all those candles, so Derek kind of clings to you.

"Did you see that? Is there a ghost in here?"

"It doesn't work like that," you whisper. You look at the woman again and realize why you're feeling dread. The woman is dead. You just know. "That woman is dead, Derek."

"How do you know?"

You turn your head and your eyes widen like saucers.

"She's standing right next to you." Derek yelps this time and jumps away from the spot, moving from your right to your left. You can't hold in your laughter even though this is no laughing matter. "I'm sorry. I couldn't help it."

"I hate you right now," he glares.

"I just know a dead person from a living person. That woman is dead."

You walk closer to the woman with Derek behind you, and you tap her shoulder which causes her to fall onto the pew, proving that she is dead. There is a pentagram carved into her chest just like the others, so you know the unsub was here recently. He must have known you and Derek were going to be here.

He was watching you.

You obviously had to call this in, and what they found out about this woman is shocking. Her name is Maria Lopez. She is thirty-four years old with numerous arrests for solicitation and prostitution just like the others. The only difference is that she was reported missing nine months ago. She's only been dead for seventy-two hours with no signs of sexual assault.

The only way she was kept alive for nine months only to kill her three days ago is because the unsub froze her... and he was eating her. Just like with Tracey, the unsub didn't have time to freeze Tracey before people started looking for her.

Speaking of Tracey, when you got back to the police station with Derek, the test results came back on the soup. There are traces of human DNA in there, and the DNA belonged to Tracey. Everyone turned to look at you once the results were revealed.

"I hate my ability sometimes," you sigh sadly. "I looked at the unsub right in the eyes. I know what he looks like."

You grab a pencil and a piece of paper so you can draw what he looked like. You're no artist, but you're not the worst. You slowly draw everything you remember while the rest of the team speculates about the new information.

"Dr. Fulton confirmed it. Maria Lopez was frozen shortly after her death," Emily confirmed through a third party.

"Well, that explains why we haven't been able to find the other victims. He's keeping everyone frozen somewhere."

"How'd you get the cannibalism?" JJ asks.

"He didn't take them for sex, and he took their legs. He was trying to tell us by feeding fingers to Abbey. The fingers were a message. 'I've killed before' was only part of it. 'I'm eating them' was the other."