Scared to Death: Final Part

You four head to Jenny's area to see if there are more fliers around the places where she liked to hang out. In her local coffee shop, there is a bulletin board with a bunch of fliers. Most importantly, there is another flier just like the one you found in the laundromat.

"These fliers have all been hanging in places where our victims could have seen them," you say and take it down. "Look at the date: Friday, August 25th. That was last summer. If he's been luring victims for at least that long, then we have missed a lot of people."

"We need to go back and check the rest of that trail," Derek says.

Your phone rings, and you see that it's the fire department calling you.

"You two go. Spencer and I will hang back." You answer the phone and bring it to your ear. "This is Y/N."

"Yes, this is the Quantico Fire Department. After further investigation, we determined that your main gas line was sabotaged. It looks like someone yanked it from the wall. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find any prints off the broken gas line. We're still combing through everything, but there isn't much that is salvageable."

"Is that how the fire started?" you ask.

Spencer perks up when he hears you talking about the fire that happened in your apartment.

"No, it's not. I guess it served as a distraction."

"Then what did?"

"Fire most likely started by rubbing alcohol and flour. You know, stuff that you had in the apartment already. The person also used a lighter because there are no matches to be found."

"Well, I appreciate you telling me this."

"We'll call you if we have any other questions."

"Great, thanks," you hang up with a sigh.

"Everything okay?"

You tell Spencer everything that the fire department has told you.

"I'm assuming I'll be getting calls from the police department so they can rule out arson. Something about this doesn't add up."

"What do you mean?"

"If this person really wanted me dead, I would be. There are a million other ways this person could have killed me. There's a reason he chose fire. It's almost like--"

You stop yourself from saying it. If you say it, then it could change everything.

"It's almost like what?" Spencer asks in a soft voice.

"Fire is the one thing that I am not able to connect with spiritually. Fire burns, and it burns everything. Whoever set that fire knew I wouldn't be able to trace them or connect with them. There's only about a handful of people who know what I can do in depth. I know the person who set the fire... and this person clearly doesn't want me to know who they are."

"Do you know of anyone who would want to do this to you?"

"No. Everyone who knows, I love dearly. I don't know who would want to do this to me."

"We'll figure it out together," he smiles kindly.

Meanwhile, Derek and Emily got to the trail and found another dumpsite close to where the first three bodies were found. However, this time, they found much more than they were bargaining for. Eight more graves, twelve more bodies. The trail is forty miles long, so it's easy to miss stuff like this. You're not going to have search dogs sniff the ground for forty miles, so this unsub was smart in scattering them around like this.

While they were unearthing the bodies, Penelope and JJ were looking into the website that was on the fliers. To the untrained eye, the Goodman Institute is just another website that looks totally legit. Someone went to greath lengths to make this website look real--the articles are even well written. However, Penelope is more than meets the eye. Everything on that website leads to dead ends.