Identity: Part Two

"An earthly kingdom cannot exist without the inequality of persons," Francis says on one of his videos. You already sent them to Penelope, and you're watching them at the station with the others. "Martin Luther understood the weak will always serve the strong. Like me. He had dreams and ideas."

Francis is sitting on a chair while talking to the camera, but he's sitting in the chair as if he's better than everyone else.

"It's funny, he uses the chair like it's a throne, and he's framing himself intentionally with a low angle to give him power and dominance in the frame," Spencer points out.

"In feudal times, the lord lived on high ground to spot the invader," Francis continues. "He had serfs to serve his kingdom. The lord never had to leave his castle. The serfs would bring him everything. They were the appendages of his will."

"There are eleven more tapes of this?" Emily asks in shock.

"It's his manifesto."

"First, I will build a compound, a kingdom. Second, I will arm, protect and fortify my kingdom. Third, I will keep women as serfs to serve my every need. This is my right. As a man with free will in America, I will make my kingdom a reality."

"Hey, he talks about keeping women to serve him. It's possible all these women are still alive."

"I don't think so, Emily," you say quietly.

"Excuse me. Goehring's wife is here."

"Excuse me."

You get up and follow JJ out to Diane who clearly doesn't want to be here. Everyone voted that you talk to her, and you give her a gentle smile as you take a seat next to her.

"Thank you for coming to speak with us, Mrs. Goehring."

"Did I have a choice?" she says, clearly uncomfortable.

"Everyone has a choice, Diane, but we'd really appreciate your help."

"If I don't have to be here, goodbye."

She moves to get up, but you quickly remove a picture of her and Francis that must have been taken at the beginning of their relationship.

"Is this you?"

"Where did you get this?" she gasps softly and grabs the picture gently.

Instead of answering her questions, you lay out the pictures of the missing women, noticing that they all look like her.

"Have you seen any of these women before?"

"Today on the news," she sighs.

"We believe all these women share one thing in common... they all look like you. That's what we like to call a pattern or a type. You and these women are Francis' type. When did you last see your husband?"

"I... I haven't seen him since we threw him out. The militia, I mean. What he did to me... when they found out... they threw him out."

You look to your right and up at Rossi without saying a word.

"Listen to me, Diane. Francis killed himself the other day after being caught driving this woman's car," you point to Angela's picture. "Is there anywhere you can think of that he might have taken these women?"

Diane opens her mouth and closes it a few times like a fish. She clearly knows something, and it's your job to help her get there.

"Diane, I need you to think really hard on this one. The things he did to you, he did to these women. The only difference is, that they didn't have the militia to protect them. We got a hold of Francis' tapes and he mentioned something about a place with nine acres. Do you know what he's talking about?"