Penelope: Final Part

You're not sure what time it is when you wake up, but you feel this overwhelming urge that something bad is going to happen. Sweat forms in small droplets on your brow, and you shoot awake with a loud gasp. Since Derek is right next to you, he wakes up after hearing your gasp. He becomes even more awake when he sees the fear in your eyes.

"What's wrong?" he asks and turns on a small lamp.

"He's here, Derek. The unsub is here."

"What?"

Just then, you hear a gunshot come from outside, and that's enough to wake Penelope.

"Penelope!" you call out and scrabble to your feet.

"What's going on?" she asks and comes into the living room.

"Come here. Come with me. Get in the corner. Garcia, you listen to me. Take this gun," Derek says, handing over a spare gun he took with him.

"I don't believe in guns," she shakes her head.

"Okay, trust me, they are very real. Take it. You keep your finger off that trigger. If somebody walks through that door, you grab ahold of it and you squeeze. Fire, you hear me?"

"Penelope, stay right there."

You and Derek produce your own guns and head out into the hall slowly because you feel the unsub in the building right now. He must want to finish the job if he got news of Penelope surviving her accident.

"Derek!"

"Stay there!" he orders.

You peek your head around the corner and see a flash of the unsub, and you raise your gun to shoot at him, but he fires quicker than you can. You duck out of the way before you're shot, and you look at Derek for direction. He gestures for you to stay inside the building while he goes outside in hopes of you trapping the unsub.

He quickly leaves down the stairwell, and you make your way cautiously down each level, keeping your eyes and ears open for him. The unsub's energy is fading quickly which can only mean he escaped. You walk out the front door and see Derek hunched over in the police's car. He pulls back, and you can see that the unsub shot the cop to death.

You need to get back to Penelope, so you and Derek head back up there while he is on the phone with officers to come help. You enter Penelope's apartment and don't see her in the corner where Derek placed her. You raise your gun and gently tiptoe through the apartment until you turn the corner and find her there with the gun raised up. She screams before she knows it's you, and you quickly try to calm her down.

"Penelope, it's us. It's Y/N and Derek!"

"Don't shoot, baby," Derek says to calm her down.

"Why is this happening to me?" she cries and hands over the gun.

"I don't know," he sighs and brings her into a hug.

Local officers and your team are quick to show up, and sooner rather than later, the rest of your team is in Penelope's apartment.

"What's going on?" JJ asks.

"I don't know. This guy's getting seriously bold, and I can guarantee it's not over."

"Are you okay?" she asks Penelope.

"I don't know what he wants from me," she whimpers.

"Could you know something about him? Maybe you have something he wants?" Spencer says.

"I don't know who he is. I'm so scared."

"I know you are," you say and grab her hand. "We're right here. He is not going to hurt you again. We will protect you like we did tonight. I won't let anything else happen to you."