Alpha - Phone Number - Chapter 2

Start from the beginning

Well. I met my family, but they weren't as enthusiastic about my presence as I anticipated. I understand Taehyung isn't on good terms with me, but even Jungkook is distant. He didn't even speak to me and left with his girlfriend in the middle of the night. I went back to sleep in my room until the maid woke me up to inform me Mr. Jeon had arrived at the mansion and would like to see me. I doubt they want me home.

______________________

"Why is he looking for me?" I muttered, unsurely striding into the security department after a maid informed me of Do-hwan's request for my visit. The guards and IT department immediately got up from their seats to greet my presence, so I smiled at them and walked toward Do-hwan's private office with a clear container.

"Oh, you're here," Do-hwan nodded as soon as I entered his office. He briefly glanced at me from his desk before averting his eyes back to his computer screen.

"You're not doing your job right," I stated while studying his oddly plain and uncluttered office.

"I've undergone your mother's strict evaluation before becoming the head of the security center, and you're telling me I'm not doing my job right?" Do-hwan countered as he typed on the keyboard with his sharp gaze nailed on the desktop screen.

"If you want to see me, then come to me! I'm your boss! How dare you order me around?!" I snapped, firing the man an irritated glare.

"Sit down and stop talking," Do-hwan replied. My eyes widened at his rude statement.

"Did you just tell me to shut up!?" I stomped up to his desk, offended by his instruction.

"Please have a seat, my lady," Do-hwan slowly shifted his poker face to me. I bit my lips in irritation before slumping down on the couch. He's so annoying!

"I'll complain to eomma once she returns," I sneered, folding my arms with an uptight frown. Do-hwan finally turned away from his desktop and got up from his desk to approach me as I sat on the couch with my sharp glare trained on his nonchalant behavior. He grabbed a kit from his emergency cabinet and sat down beside me to unpack the materials.

"I've already proposed a medical center facility for medical purposes. You don't have to go to the hospital once we hire our own team," Do-hwan calmly explained. I sternly glared at Do-hwan, but he didn't look at me and carefully rolled up my sleeves. The man gently dabbed the cream on my elbow until I softened my expression, quietly watching him treat my wound with my lips pursed. My pain tolerance is high, so I won't whine over the little prick on my arm.

"How much does my mother pay you to babysit me?" I asked out of curiosity

"Triple my standard salary. Your mother told me you're a hassle. You sure are an irritating inconvenience- I should request a salary raise," Do-hwan replied without hesitating. I glared at him again but didn't say anything and let him fix my elbow.