Solace

SORRY FOR GRAMMAR AND SPELLING ERRORS
AND SORRY IF IT SEEMS RUSHED JUST BEEN GONE FOR TOO LONG
Narrator pov:
It has been three years of erens passing, Mikasa stayed in an apartment that had a perfect view of a tree where Eren grave resided it was on top of hill, Mikasa would visit it every other day, talking to Eren about her day, what she did, what she learned, and how everyone is doing by reading the letters she got sent from them. Talking about armins current adventures.

Mikasa was at home, making some tea and watering some flowers, it was currently summer. Mikasa still wore erens scarf, as it was peaceful today, Mikasa sat outside on her balcony, hearing children play, watching the father pick up one of his kids and the mom calling them in for lunch. Mikasa smiled a bit, this is what Eren wanted just peace, no more horror, no more suffering.

Mikasa took a deep breath and enjoyed the fresh air but then rain started dropping. But there was no clouds.....well only a couple to be seen but it was raining, the rain felt different, the scent it gave off was different. It was indescribable, but that wasn't the only thing that caught her attention, she had a weird feeling, a restless urge to visit erens grave.

The rain was still continuing, as the sun shined, as she went through the forest, and spotted the hill, there was someone standing at erens grave, Mikasa eyes began to water, her heart began to race, the back of this person is all too familiar.

"EREN!!" She yelled.

The persons shoulders flinched.

"Mikasa!" Eren turned around with a look of disbelief.

"Please don't let this be a dream." Mikasa said to herself.

Eren went towards her as Mikasa spread her arms out as she finally jumps towards him as he caught her. They both gripped onto her tightly.

"Eren, is it really you?" Mikasa said teary eyed.

"Yea, it's me, I swear it." Eren said with teary eyes himself.

"I'd never thought I'd see you again Mikasa." 

Eren held her head.

"I-."

"Just....don't say anything......please just hold me."

They continued to hug longer, embracing each other something they should've done more often.

They then settled under the tree.

They sat there quietly, admiring the view, with both of them holding each other hands.

"I'd.....thought you'd move on."Eren said

"........i.....couldn't."

"I....just couldn't." Mikasa said.

"........I couldn't either....even in death.....to keep my spirit, I kept thinking about you."

Mikasa smiled hearing that.

"I guess everyone living out their dreams right?" Eren asked.

"Yea....they are."

"How's.....armin?"

"Well he's a father now, enjoying his adventures with his family."

"I'm happy to hear that,what...about you Mikasa?"

"I.....settled down, having my own garden, learning to cook, picking up hobbies."

"I'm glad to hear that Mikasa."

"Eren, I....wanna know how you're back?"

"Honestly, I don't even know.....everything was just black, just floating in a black void......but then a light appeared, and I slowly flew towards it and the next thing I knew.....I was here, in front of this tree, I didn't know what to do.....but then I heard your voice.....I thought it was just a dream, and I'm glad it wasn't."

Mikasa leaned hear head onto his shoulder.

"Screw it." Eren muttered.

He turned Mikasa head towards him and kissed her on the lips.

"Eren." Mikasa said bringing up her scarf.

"Sorry.....couldn't wait anymore." Eren said blushing a bit.

"Shall we head home?" Mikasa asked.

"Lead the way." Eren said.

Mikasa grabbed his hand and they began running.

They began laughing, just hearing Mikasa laugh made Eren feel so.....peaceful.

As they got to Mikasa house, with Eren having to conceal himself just in case. As he entered Mikasa house. He wanted to start crying, it smelled like his childhood home, but he just sucked it up and kept his cool.

He then looked into a mirror and saw his hair.

"Hey Mikasa?"

"Hm?"

"How good are you with cutting hair?"

Mikasa smiled.

Eren sat down in front of the mirror.

"I see you kept your hair short Mikasa."

"Yea, if it got too long I'd just end up cutting it."

"Keep it short, you look....really pretty." Eren said looking down.

Mikasa blushed a bit but began snipping away at his long hair, after 20 minutes, Eren had an undercut.

He looked in the mirror and was amazed.

"You did amazing Mikasa."

"Really?"

"Absolutely."

"Hey Eren.....?"

"Hm?"

"You can take a shower, I kept these, you know....in memory of you, but you're back now so."

"My old shirt, wow, back when we were still recruits, wonder if still fits, thanks Mikasa."

"No problem."

For some reason Eren felt as if there was tension between them, it felt awkward, he couldn't describe it.

He took a shower and dried off and tried on the shirt and it fits.

Mikasa cooked a meal for the both of them, and as soon as Eren took a bite, he felt glee, it was his mom recipe, he could tell by the flavor.

"This is delicious Mikasa."

"I learned it from your mom."

"I could tell, it's just as good as hers."

Mikasa admired eren, he had quite the appetite though, he began eating everything.

After they finished he helped with the dishes.

They sat down on her couch, the awkward tension was still there.

Mikasa leaned on eren.

Eren kissed Mikasa again and when he tried to pull away, Mikasa pulled him right back.

"Mikasa?"

"I'm sorry eren, it's been too long, I want to have my own family, I don't want to lose you again......I don't want to be alone again!"

Eren was left speechless.

"Please.....eren." Mikasa said.

Eren just began kissing her again but more roughly as they headed towards her room and he closed the door behind him.

The tension was finally released.

And 9 months later, a baby boy was born and Mikasa couldn't be anymore happier. She had everything she ever wanted.