Warm

A/n
So this story Eren is dead but Mikasa still has Niko and she heads into town and meets a mysterious but kind lady.
Also
This is the longest one shot I ever wrote lol so sorry for grammar errors And spelling errors.

Narrator POV:
Mikasa heads into town to buy a couple things since she needs ingredients to cook for her and Niko. Niko being five years old he held his mother hand.

"It's a really nice day outside mama."

"I know, it's a good thing we came today huh?"

Niko nodded his head.

"Alright sweetheart mind getting some loaf of bread from down there please?"

"You got it mama." He took the money Mikasa gave him and he ran off.

Mikasa smiled as he ran off, it was truly a blessing that she had Niko, cause the thought of being alone, she just couldn't think about it.

Mikasa strolled to see what people were offering until an old lady called out to her and waved her over.

"Is there something you need?" Mikasa asked.

"No not all but do you want something from me?, I see that red scarf you have and it looks a little worn out, would you like to buy one of mine?"

"No, but thank you though." Mikasa said bowing.

"Are you sure?"

"Yea I'm sure." She said looking a bit gloomy.

The old lady seemed to notice the unusual behavior coming from Mikasa.

"Something the matter sweetheart?"

"No...it's nothing."

"You've lost something.....or in this case someone."

Mikasa eyes widened.

"How did you know?" Mikasa asked.

"Cause I had the same look before, let me guess it was someone very important to you....your other half?.....your beloved?"

Images of Eren just came flashing by in her head.

Mikasa eyes began to water, the old lady had a sad and soft look on her face.

"Come,sit"

"No, I'm fine."

"No...honestly come sit,it's never good to hold it in."

Mikasa sat down across the old lady. She handed her a tissue.

"Thank you."

"My pleasure.....so how long has it been without him?"

"It's been....a couple years, it hasn't been easy on me."

"So I'm guessing that scarf is the last thing he left you?"

"No, not at all, he left me with a beautiful boy and I love him dearly." Mikasa said with a soft look.

"What's your sons name?"

"His name is Niko."

"So where is the little one?"

"He went to get bread for us, to eat later while we eat."

"Has it been difficult raising a child on your own?"

"It was....but I figured it out,"

"Must be difficult sometimes, every few months, you just...start thinking about him again and wishing he were still here?"