Seal

Naruto looked at his feet. Today's the day. It's not even a year but so many things happened. Part of him wondered if he had done enough. If he had grown enough for the coming fight. He gripped the straps of Hiraikotsu tighter. He's worried of losing control. Besides, like the fight with Orochimaru, he has less experience than Neji. Considering the older Genin has been in business for a year longer...

Doubts are sinking in...

A soft voice called out, "N-N-Naru-to-k-kun?"

Naruto blinked and looked at Hinata. "Oh! Hey Hinata-chan! How are you?" He let his eyes roamed over her casually clad form, "Are feeling better?"

She smiled shyly, "Y-y-yes,"

His heart broke at her stutter. It was the worse yet since they became friends. What happened at her home? He sighed and Hinata looked at him, "A-a-are you o-o-kay?"

That was just like Hinata. She had always cared more for his well-being than he ever noticed about himself. It made him feel worse. He grit his jaw and said, "I'm a terrible friend. I should have stopped you. I know you are strong but....I looked down on Neji..." He opened his eyes at the gentle touch on his shaking fist holding the strap of Hiraikotsu.

Hinata was blushing and her fingers warm and trembling but she bravely kept touching him, "I-it's f-f-fine, Na-ruto-kun. I-it w-w-was my c-c-choice," She looked at him with trembling eyes, "W-w-when you c-c-cheered for me, it felt like I g-g-g-grew s-s-stronger. I-it m-m-might not be m-m-much but I f-f-felt like I was able to c-c-change," She smiled at him, "I-i-it was t-t-thanks to you, N-Naruto-k-kun,"

Naruto frowned, "Do you really think so? I may looked like that to you, Hinata, but...that's because I always acted tough since I'm always so frustrated with myself from always failing-,"

She cut him, "That's not true!" His self-doubt hurt her more than her anxiety that she lost her stutter. In her mind all she could think was that Naruto's hurting himself....again. She always felt that need to make him stop so she continued, "Even when you always f-fail. In my eyes, you are a proud f-failure," He looked at her in shock, "W-when I look at you, there is an intense f-feeling here," She placed a small hand over her heart, "B-because you're not p-perfect. Because you always f-fail, you have the s-strength to get back u-up. I-I believe that is what t-true strength is. T-that's why t-to me, Naruto-kun, y-you are in-incredibly s-strong,"

In her world surrounded by those who strives for perfection, she always felt inadequate. If Neji lamented being a Branch House member, she lamented being born a Hyuuga. Naruto...broke that monotony the moment he appeared to her on that winter night.

She always took the wrong turn, made the wrong decision.

Naruto...was always there to steer her right. He was her guide, just like that night in winter so long ago when her whole world darkened and become bleak. A time where she truly felt worthless and hopeless. His words gave her the courage to look at the brighter side, that pessimistic girl started becoming positive.

"I don't have anything but I don't cry,"

He saved her...again and again...she just...wanted to do the same for him. But Naruto didn't need saving, not in the physical sense. Just like now, there're times he wavered. Times where she looked at him and saw the weight of the world burdening his shoulder. If she could, just a little bit, she would like to lighten that burden even if she can't carry it for him. She wanted to carry it with him.

Suddenly she was engulfed by warmth and smell of the forest blooms. She blinked and heard Naruto's grinning voice, "I was feeling all depressed but now, after hearing what you said, it's gone!" He pulled back, "You're the best, Hime!" He then paused, "Hmm...Hime doesn't suit you...oh yeah, from now on, you're Tennyo!"