Exam

Naruto wondered just what it was about Sasuke and people trying to measure up to him. He asked Kurama, "Do I seriously look weak?"

Kurama huffed, "Take advantage of being looked down on, remember?" He growled, "At the very least keep an eye on Shukaku. That seal on him is messed up. The sand boy couldn't even keep a straight head. If it wasn't because of this exam, you will seriously have to let loose," He grinned, "Then again, it's in a youkai blood to revel in chaos,"

Naruto rolled his eyes, "Yeah...and messed up the harmony in Shikon? No thanks," He gripped his hand, "I have a duty to protect and purify the Shikon,"

They stood in the exam venue, having had to watch the boy Rock Lee picking a fight with Sasuke. Seriously, Sasuke was so used to being the big fish in a small pond that he's completely taken by surprise when meeting stronger opponent among his own peers. Now there's a weird turtle scolding the boy in green and bowl cut.

Huh...

He looked at Sakura, "Can a turtle be a Sensei?"

She snapped, "How should I know?!"

Then a Jounin in forest green spandex like Lee appeared on the turtle's back who then sucker punched the boy. Sasuke looked on in dis belief as the two suddenly started crying into each other's shoulders like some day time drama. Naruto blinked, "I have seen some stuff but this take the cake, dattebayo..."

Minato has his weird quirk, like naming things a bit too long and think it's cool. Kagome said that he suffered from something her time called chuunibyou syndrome. But at least he's actually cool...when he's not doing that chuunibyou syndrome act. Kushina just laugh at him.

The Jounin then looked at them, "Hey, hey, aren't you Kakashi's?"

Sasuke looked at him, "You know Kakashi?"

The man smiled, "Know him?" He chuckled before disappearing from sight and reappearing behind them. Naruto was impressed. For a human, he's almost as fast as Sesshoumaru at his average. Granted his speed was nothing to either Sesshoumaru's or Minato's but it was impressive nonetheless. The man grinned, "Kakashi and I...people refer to us as the Eternal Rivals,"

Sasuke look spooked. He had gained confidence from gaining experience with Haku but Haku was still young and definitely has less experience than someone double his age. This Jounin can out speed Haku any time.

It was understandable for him to be faster than someone like Sasuke can follow.

The man grinned as he pointed at himself, "With 50 wins and 49 loses, I am stronger than Kakashi,"

Lee crowed, "See? Told you Gai-sensei is incredible!"

Gai chuckled, "Sorry about Lee. It won't happen again. I swear on this beautiful youthful face,"

Naruto blinked while Kurama gagged inside his mind. Naruto know beautiful youthful face. Those faces he knew belonged to Sesshoumaru and Minato. Gai...looked like a pebble when compared to them...or maybe a squid...

Or maybe Naruto's aesthetic has been influenced by youkai ethereal and inhuman beauty from hanging around them too much...

Gai threw a kunai to where a pinwheel stopped Lee's attack, "You guys should head over to the classroom," Naruto looked at the unwounded bandage and saw Lee's hand. He blinked. Having no youkai blood or a Bijuu like Kurama, it was obvious someone would accumulate obvious injuries is they trained as much as Naruto and this Lee trained like his life depended on it. And considering the life they have chosen, the amount of training they made do decide their life or death during a mission. He gained Naruto's respect...if only he will stop ignoring Naruto.