Tiangou

Naruto looked at the blood in his fist. Hinata's blood, drying in his hand. The Prelim had ended and though he worry about that Gaara kid, his mind was consumed by anger...at Neji and himself. He barely heard who his opponent would be but the fact that he will get to keep his oath to Hinata kept him calm.

Hinata tries so hard to change. Even though she was much better than from before they became friends, the pressure at home kept pulling her down. Neji's words were all her thoughts laid bare, her self-doubt spoken out. A direct and insidious psychological attack on her. Hinata had to face this each time she went home.

Naruto hated that there's little he can do for her...

Hinata's fight was hers and hers alone. In this matter, he's just an outsider. But right now, as he stared at the blood painted on his hand, he can do something for her. Even if it's just beating the shit out of her cousin!

Coming home, he was tired and looked at the seal that trapped Kurama beyond his reach. He scrunched up his nose at the seal, "Stupid Hebi Teme,"

He cleaned himself up of the few days grime and closed his eyes. It didn't take long. Like blinking, he's in the Shikon and Minato knew that Naruto needed to blow off steam. Somehow, even though he already cleaned himself, within the Shikon Hinata's blood still painted his hand. Minato knew what he had done; a blood oath.

He nodded and took a stance, "Come,"

Kagome watched as the father-son duo sparred. Minato has been training Naruto in his techniques and the boy has been trying to find time to figure out his greatest original move; the Rasengan. But right now Naruto's moves were all feral. He's lost in the emotion that he had locked deep inside. It was something that Sesshoumaru trained him in. Youkai are passionate creatures. It's in their very make up for through passions they're born.

Violence and chaos, it all branches out from passion.

It had surprised Kagome to learn that from Sesshoumaru at the beginning of all this. Passion can lead to prosperity or ruination. A calm and logical mind are needed to balance out passion before one burn oneself from its flame. But keeping it all locked aren't good. Sesshoumaru made that mistake once. When it came out, he was as imbalanced as one could be.

He's better now, fortunately. Kagome didn't know how she could have survived staying sane with a cold block of ice. Sesshoumaru looked at her, as if sensing the route her thoughts had taken. She smiled sweetly at him and he turned, huffing at her audacity.

Naruto finally calmed down and his tears flowed. Minato looked at his son, "Naruto...what happened?"

So he confessed, "She just wanted to prove herself. So I cheered for her. Maybe...maybe I should have just shut up," He looked at his father, "Hinata...Neji hurt her so bad, her heart stopped. She survived but they had to take her to intense care. Her father had given up on her, giving her to Jounin Kurenai to take care. I...I just want her to come out of her shell..."

Kushina embraced him from behind, "You're just trying to be a good friend. There's nothing wrong with cheering her up, dattebane,"

Naruto sobbed, "But it lead to her hurting! She could have died, dattebayo!"

Sesshoumaru moved but stopped when he felt Kagome's hand holding his wrist. He looked at her and she shook her head, "What he need is to express himself. I'm sure he understand that regretting supporting his friend is not going to do any good. Either for him or Hinata,"

Naruto continued to cry until he was drained. Here, with his family within the Shikon, he felt safe. He rubbed his face and looked at his hand, still painted in her blood, "I promised her...I'll bring Neji down from his high horse. But..." He looked at them, "I'm going to need help,"