𝗥𝗼𝗰𝗸 𝗯𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗼𝗺

Chapter Forty-Nine

Shino had a bad feeling the moment him and y/n hid in some bushes, eyes trained on two suspicious looking men in strange cloaks.

He looked at y/n, then back at the strange scene.

The oni looked as though she were itching to launch herself into battle, but there was worry in her gaze as she kept her eyes on the very injured Jinchuuriki.

"Yugito..." she whispered before tensing, her gaze darting to the ground a few feet away from where Hidan was seated, "Hm? A new enemy!"

Out of the ground came that aloe vera bastard which y/n frequently found herself chatting with.

Y/n's behavior, despite the grave situation, was still bright and buzzing with energy as she observed the situation with intense eyes. Ah, yes, Shino could see it.

A plan was forming behind those eyes.

A plan that would likely go horribly wrong.

"Calm down, y/n." he warned the girl, resting a hand on her forearm, "Don't do anything stupid."

"Yeah, yeah..." the oni huffed, not once looking away from the Akatsuki trio in front of them, "Shush, I'm trying to listen!"

"It seems the two of you are done. I take it that the tediously long ritual has been completed as well." the Aloe Vera bastard hummed.

"What is it with you two always hanging up on me?" the Hidan guy scoffed as y/n glanced at little Ushi who nodded to her.

Uh oh, Shino didn't like that look.

"Shino." y/n whispered to him, "I've got a plan."

"And I don't want to hear it—"

"C'mon, don't be stubborn!" y/n leaned closer and whispered something into the boy's ear. As she shared her plan with him, Shino could see more and more ways in which this entire situation could go wrong.

He was going to warn the oni, but she 🚚ing charged in without another word before he could even think to tell her not to do anything stupid.

One minute, the three Akatsuki members were just chatting. The next, they had this big 🍑 oni looming over them with a sharp toothed grin and her kanabou ready to blast their 🍑es into oblivion.

Kakuzu and Zetsu spotted the oni first and backed off in a panic, while Hidan looked confused and looked up instead.

There was a loud BOOM as y/n made impact, crushing the man with her kanabou and releasing a rippling shockwave which tore up the ground surrounding them.

As the dust shifted, both Kakuzu and Zetsu could see a pair of ominous e/c eyes glowing within the dust cloud.

"Tch, meddling Oni!" Kakuzu snapped.

The dust cleared enough for them to see the oni perched on top of the fallen Hidan, one foot planted on the back of his head while her kanabou glowed menacingly where it was slung over her shoulder.

"Ah-ah, it's meddling Crimson Oni." y/n corrected with a little smirk, cocking her head to the side, "Show a little respect and get it right, will ya?"