𝗠𝗔𝗥𝗥𝗬 𝗠𝗘- 𝘂𝗵, 𝗜 𝗺𝗲𝗮𝗻, 𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲

Chapter Thirty-Four

(Triple update because yes)

Thank goodness that Shizune was among the two Konoha shinobi that found her and the two Jonin she was taking the time to heal.

She explained the situation to Shizune after they both took the time to heal the two Jonin and take them back to Konoha.

Y/n was quick to go to Granny and explain the situation, the old lady scolding her before telling her to hurry up and go do what she needed to do.

Ugh, she was so grateful for Granny.
It took a few hours and it was the morning of the next day by the time she was ready to go, but...

"Hey! Y/n!"

Y/n halted and looked back in surprise as Lee ran to her. Ugh, y/n missed his cute froggy face.

He'd recently had surgery, hadn't he?
Y/n had been so busy that she never got to visit!

She didn't have the time to be friendly though.
She needed to get going.

"You're going to go rescue Sasuke, aren't you?" Lee questioned as he joined her. Meh, not really. She didn't intend on ruining Sasuke's plan since it was his own life. But she wanted to make sure that those filthy Oto-Nin didn't kill her bestie and her allies.

"Yeah." y/n replied to keep things simple.
What else was she supposed to say???

"No, I'm going to make sure he gets away."

Hell no!

"Let me come with you!" he suddenly exclaimed, "I know I've only just recently recovered from my surgery, but I want to help!"

Y/n paused, "Huh? Are you sure?"

"Of course! Besides," Lee gave her a grin, "That trick you did back at the Chunin Exam is really good at easing pain and healing! If I go with you, I'm sure I'll be fine!"

Y/n hummed quietly, clearly doubtful.

"I promise not to be a hindrance!"

"That's not what I'm worried about, you know..."

Lee convinced her in the end, though y/n made an odd request for him to wear a froggy hat that she happened to bring for emotional and mental purposes.

Lee, not really understanding but happy to oblige, did so. And soon, the two Genin were off!

One furious Crimson Oni, and one Taijutsu Master!

Help was on the way!

The duo traveled quickly, y/n doing her best to give her froggy companion as much information as she could with the limited knowledge she had of their opponents.

Of course, y/n was in such a hurry that she pushed the pace. They were traveling at the speed of light, not really, the two of them determined to provide assistance.

"How do you know this is the right direction?" Lee questioned, "What if we're headed the wrong way?"

"We're not. Trust me." y/n said simply, eyes trained ahead. Invisible to the normal human eye, but very clear to y/n, we're the imprints of a certain chakra source.