*𝗶𝗻𝗵𝗮𝗹𝗲𝘀* 𝗔𝗔𝗔𝗔𝗔𝗔𝗔𝗔𝗔𝗔

Chapter Forty-Two

"Well, when my Pops died, I did feel this huge rush of energy. At the time, I really paid it no mind but it was all like WOOOOO and WOOOOOSH, and WAHHHHH!!!"

The Tailed Beasts watched as the young oni waved her arms with sound effects before she paused to look up at them all with a smile.

"I was really young, but I remember it well."

"It seems as though Aka's chakra was passed on from one oni to another, likely moments before death." Matatabi murmured, "Your father probably did the same before he passed."

"Hm, so the Crimson Oni have managed to remain consistent with one thing." Shukaku scoffed as y/n began to space out a little.

So her father had given her his chakra.
When? Y/n couldn't remember when.

She couldn't-

"...oh."

Son Gokū took notice of the realization in y/n's eyes, "Did you remember something, oni girl?"

"Yeah... something." y/n mumbled, then smiled, "I'm sure it's nothing though. So... what does my lineage have to do with you all? Did an ancestor of mine piss you all off, maybe?"

"Well..." Saiken began and y/n looked alarmed, "Just kidding~ Don't worry, Aka was just as nice as you are! A little dense, but sweet!"

"She had a happy go lucky personality." Chōmei added, "She was very talkative as well!"

Y/n exhaled a sigh of relief, "Thank goodness..."

"While Aka was alive, she was tasked with watching over us." Gyūki explained, "We were never all in one place, but she spent her entire life ensuring that each and every one of us was safe."

"Woah..." y/n breathed, "How long did she live? Pops always told me that our ancestors used to live suuuper long before."

"While counting years was never a priority... I would imagine that she lived to be at least over a hundred." Kokuō murmured, "She had a child some time long ago, and passed on her chakra to the little one shortly before her death."

"After her mother died, the little one continued looking after us all throughout his life. It was one Crimson Oni after another." Isobu continued, "Then... something happened."

Y/n raised a brow, "Something?"

"Something."

Y/n stared at Isobu and could practically feel the three tailed beast progressively getting more and more uncomfortable with her piercing gaze.

"...why are you staring at me?"

"What happened? You're being really vague."

"Somewhere along the line, shortly before Kurama was first sealed within a human, the descendant of Aka who was looking after us disappeared." Chōmei explained, "After that, we never saw her again. We heard the occasional rumor about a beast with crimson horns, but otherwise, no sign of any Oni whatsoever."

"No oni? What about the one with the blue horns?" Saiken questioned, "He was no crimson oni, but he took on the task after the crimson ones disappeared."

"Ah... that one..." Shukaku murmured, "Reminds me of the Blue Oni hanging around Aka's carbon copy right now."

"Mm?" y/n blinked curiously, "So what you're saying is that it was my ancestor's job to take care of you all and make sure that you were all safe... but after she died, one of her descendants just gave up on the job or something?"