𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘼𝙙𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝘼𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙞 𝙔/𝙣

Volume One

1/3

E/c eyes watched from afar, observing the small town and everything it had to offer. The smell of food was what lured the small child there, and it was the interesting people that prompted her to enter.

She looked for a sign first, wanting to know where she was. She only knew how to read a little, and she practiced her numbers every single day so she wouldn't forget.

Shukuba Town. That was where she was.

Not wishing to startle any of the locals, she set down the kanabou which she tirelessly carried with her. She wouldn't have to worry about thieves... but maybe she should leave a note to avoid any accidents.

The child retrieved a stick and scratched a message into the dirt with it, eyebrows furrowed in concentration.

Do nott touche. Fairy dangous.

Excellent. That'd be sufficient.

The child was dressed in tattered clothing, covered in dirt and what held the appearance and didn't metallic smell of dried blood from encounters with enemies or simple accidents.

The child wearing the clothes was just as dirty, twigs and leaves sticking from her h/c hair as she stuck to the alleyways.

Making her way through the town was easy, especially when she stayed in the shadows.

She knew better than to walk in the open street.

The disgusted stares were hurtful enough, she didn't want to be hit again for accidentally bumping into someone and dirtying their nice clothes.

Something to eat. That was all she was here for.

She had some money, not a lot, but maybe it'd be enough for her to buy something to eat.

...

Okay, maybe not.

The child had not spoken aloud to another person in a while. For the few months she spent wandering alone, she was far too scared to even think of approaching anyone.

She was beginning to wish she'd stayed in the shadows, especially as people began to look.

Her voice had come out a little raspy due to her having only just recovered from an illness she didn't know enough about to treat on her own. She just ate stuff in the forest till something made her better.

Or she killed off the virus with all that stuff she was eating, that was a possibility as well.

Either way, her voice startled the vendor and he screamed. Her appearance didn't help either and he must've assumed she was a wild animal.

"Scram! Get out of here!" the man snapped, grabbing a broom. The little girl flinched at the sight of the broom, immediately recalling the others times she hadn't moved fast enough to avoid being whacked.

She turned and fled in a hurry, running until she had left the town far behind her. It seemed as though she'd be spending another even having a conversation with her belly.

She retrieved her kanabou, giving the body of an unfortunate passerby a sad look. Was her warning not descriptive enough? She should've tried harder...

It was important that she got as far away from the town as possible before nightfall. After all, she didn't want to be caught of guard by any dangerous animals or shinobi.

After some wandering, she found a very big looking wall... no problem. She just had to go through it.

The child glanced at the kanabou she carried.