𝗗𝘂𝗺𝗯 𝗗𝘂𝗺𝗯 𝗜𝗱𝗶𝗼𝘁

Chapter Nine

Days passed as y/n started to disappear more and more while the others saw less and less of her.

When they did see her, she was uncharacteristically quiet and there was an almost focused look on her face.

Today, however, she was out looking for Naruto.
He was still training but he he'd been away for a while.

Worried, y/n went to check on him.

She was hopping through the trees rather quickly, checking spots and moving on when she confirmed that her best friend wasn't there.

"Y/n!"

"PFFF—!" y/n missed the next branch completely, startled by the sound of her name being called she dropped from the trees and landed on her butt, "OW!!!"

She sat there, looking tense as she tried to ignore the waves of immense pain flowing through her body.

Y/n opened an eye to glower up at Sasuke as he walked over to her, "What is it? It'd better be important! I hit my tailbone, you idiot!"

"Should've landed on your feet."

"Oh well I'm sorry I wasn't born a cat."

Sasuke rolled his eyes, "Have you managed to find Naruto yet?"

"If I had, I would've brought him along with me." y/n scoffed before easing up a little, "I'm guessing you haven't either. If you find him first, please let him know that I'm really worried."

Sasuke nodded and was preparing to leave, gaze remaining on the oni for another moment. Something here was... a little different.

Y/n had remained quiet but the staring eventually got to her, "What're you starin' at me for, Sasuke?" She pursed her lips and raised a brow, "With all that gazing you're doing, I'd think you'd fallen for me."

Sasuke scowled, "In your dreams."'Her attitude is mostly the same...'

"More like my nightmares." y/n shuddered before smiling, "I'll see you later! Whoever finds Naruto first gets to pimp slap the other!"

Sasuke was off like a rocket, failing to hide how eager he was to smack the obnoxious oni across the face for once. Any other time, she'd laugh and say he hit like a baby or she would just dodge/grab his hand. Any opportunity to get a free hit on y/n wasn't one that Sasuke would usually give up.

What? He found her extremely annoying!

Y/n watched as Sasuke left before a much more serious look settled on her face. She didn't move though, remaining where she was. She had a feeling that something was going to happen soon and she really didn't want to miss out on it.

Time passed before the person y/n was looking for arrived.

She tilted her head a bit, "Huh, you don't have your mask with you. I thought you would've had it on even now. Mm... I guess I was wrong on that one."

The newcomer was the person from a few days before, the one who she couldn't tell if they were male or female. She still didn't know for sure now so she was trying to avoid using any specific pronouns.