𝗚𝗼𝗹𝗱

Chapter Ten

"Ow, ow, ow, darn it, ow...!"

Y/n was still a little messed up because of the whole bean incident but she didn't have the time to let her allergies hold her back. Considering the whole two-people-chasing-her-down-who-want-her-dead problem.

The Oni prioritized Inari and his Mother first, getting them to a safe place and even taking out two of the strange men who popped up and broke in.

Now, it was a matter of figuring out how to handle these other two.

A noise of shock slipped out of the young oni when a whole dagger flew out of nowhere and slammed into the bark of a tree mere centimeters away from her head.

They clearly knew what they were doing.

That was a problem. A big problem.

"What are you creeps, huh!? Oni Hunters?" y/n shouted over her shoulder, "Your aim is way too good!"

No reply, as expected.

What y/n didn't expect was for one of those two scary 🍑 men to pop up in front of her, a very sharp looking sword in hand.

"STUPID BEANS...!!!!"

.

.

.

Y/n had a serious feeling of deja vu as she held a hand over the spot where she'd been cut.

While she avoided being stabbed to death, she didn't get away unscathed. The blade cut into an old wound, proceeding to open it right up again.

The pain was familiar. Too familiar.

But then again... this was a life or death situation. It was only natural that y/n would sense something familiar.

...don't question it.

Anywho, the two jerks who had been chasing her down stood before her now. The one who cut her had a claw mark across his face.

The other didn't have any visible scars but he did look like he could punch a hole in a tree just as easily as y/n could.

Names... names.. we'll call em Claw and Steroids.

Y/n failed to hold back her snort, 'Claw and Steroids...'

"You've got to be crazy or stupid to be laughing in a situation like this, little oni! That sword you were cut with was laced with poison!" Steroids sneered.

Y/n only broke out into a full on belly laugh, cackling like a mad man while the two very dangerous people watched on in confusion.

Despite her laughter, y/n was freaking out.

'Oh no, this isn't good. This really isn't good! I'm cornered and I'm in no condition to be fighting right now!' she thought in alarm, 'Okay, uh...! I've gotta think of something! The ground is made out of ground so, it's useful! I'll use that!'

"Oi! Kid! Stop laughing!" one of the men snapped, "You're gonna die here, you hear me!? So quit laughing already!"

Y/n laughter died down as she calmed herself, "Don't be so confident about that! Killing an oni is no easy task, you see! In between our strength and our 100000 IQ, we're invincible!"