𝗕𝗹𝘂𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗖𝗿𝗶𝗺𝘀𝗼𝗻

Chapter Twenty-Two

One month. One month until the Final Round.

ONE. MORE. MONTH.

Y/n spent a lot of time training with Granny, eagerly learning each and every Earth Release technique that the old lady taught her. Even the harder ones!

And then, after three long weeks...

"You're good. I can't teach you anymore."

Y/n paused, turning her head to give Granny a look of disbelief, "S-Seriously?! But Granny, what do you mean?"

"Well, I already took a lot of risks." she began thoughtfully before gesturing to the girl, "Teaching you all of those techniques that'll drain you of your chakra."

'Granny, I love you, but I've got a lot more than you think...' y/n thought, feeling bad for not telling Granny, "But Granny, I still need to get stronger! I can't just rely on my physical strength!"

Y/n's missing piece of her horn had grown back and now both of her horns had returned, looking a little sharper as well as shinier than they had before.

"Mm... more Nature Transformations, huh?" Granny murmured and y/n nodded eagerly, her eyes sparkling.

"Well, I've got more problem children. One of which who thinks he can walk into my house whenever and eat my food." she announced and tapped the markings near y/n's eyes, "I swear, every time you act like a little fool, I see him in you."

Y/n tilted her head, "Mm?"

"Anyways, allow me to take you to him. I don't believe that he's busy right now." Granny sighed with a shake of her head, "He's never busy, that child, no matter what he says. But before then, let's make him some food."

"We're bringing him food?"

"It's been a while since I've last seen him. I can't just go talk to him and ask him to babysit you without bringing a gift." Granny chuckled, "Come along, y/n. Help me out."

Y/n nodded eagerly and hurried to the kitchen, speeding around to prepare the ingredients.

They got to cooking, y/n asking Granny a lot of curious questions. None of which were answered but y/n was far too excited to be upset about that.

She did get to ask about the other problem child though. He was a Chunin, not much older than y/n was, and was currently away on a mission.

However, he'd be back in time to help her train.

Who was this other child Granny was talking about?
Granny was pretty old and called everyone over twenty years younger than her a child so y/n figured that this mystery person was a grown adult.

Maybe he was old?
Or maybe he was middle aged!
Y/n didn't care, as long as he could teach her something useful that would help her perform at her best during the Final Round of the Exam!

"Hah... where is that child this time..." Granny sighed as y/n and her made their way through a forest.

Y/n heard a familiar voice, peeking up when she recognized it as Naruto's, "Oh! What's my bestie doing out here?