𝗗𝘂𝗰𝗸 𝗯𝘂𝘁𝘁

Chapter Forty-Six

Searching for a lost kid was way more difficult than y/n expected. Even though she could track her by her chakra signature, the little 💩 was always on the move!

"What's the kid's name again?"

"Shiori."

"And... what's her deal?"

Shinobu shook her head, "She thinks she's immortal, she genuinely believes she's lived several lifetimes, and she thrives in chaos."

"Okay then!" y/n clapped once, "Understood! So then all of this was her doing, yeah?"

Y/n and Shinobu were standing together in front of a burning town, observing the chaos. From the looks of it, it hadn't been long since the town was set ablaze.

People were running around in a panic while some shinobi from Konoha, likely having just been passing by, were using Water Release to assist in putting out the fire.

There were lots of overgrown trees overtaking buildings in the area, the wood having grown into very odd shapes. For example, one looked like a cat while a few others were some very buff men doing odd poses.

"Yes. This was her doing." Shinobu sighed, rubbing her temples, "From the looks of it, she hasn't been gone too long. I think we can catch up if we continue to follow her trail."

"But... but look at the town..." y/n whispered, pointing towards the decimated town, "Shouldn't we help these people out? I mean, this is a lot for them to clean up."

"More shinobi from Konoha will likely arrive soon to help." Shinobu murmured before sighing, "But, you're right, this place is a mess. It wouldn't be right just to leave these people like this."

"Yeah!"

...

"You go after Shiori."

Y/n paused, "Wait, what?"

"You go after Shiori." Shinobu repeated, turning to face y/n, "You've got a good chance of catching her. Because of your horns, she'll probably be stunned for a couple of seconds so you should use that to catch her."

"What? Why is it specifically my horns?!" y/n demanded and Shinobu merely shrugged.

"Meh, something about biting some demon in crotch, watching him spam the same move over and over again, and then having to witness him nearly kill her adopted introvert or something."

"Huh?"

"It's a lot, I know, but we can't both just stay here!" Shinobu reminded y/n, "You go after Shiori to make sure she doesn't tear down any more towns, I'll help these people clean up and then I'll catch up."

"Mmrgh... fine!" y/n blurted, turning and hurrying away in the direction she sensed the weird kid's chakra, "I swear, if I get killed while doing this...!"

She headed off, genuinely concerned about Shinobu's little detail. Y/n wondered if she should cover up her horns, simply to make sure that Shiori wouldn't panic and lose her 💩.