𝗦𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗶𝗹𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲

Chapter Thirty-Three

(SOLs are useless, which is why I slept through most of the one I had had this morning and speed ran the rest of it)

(So, have another update)

"So! About your crush on that Sunakagure kid-!"

Y/n flinched, giving Ino a shocked look as she was in the middle of drinking some nice lemonade.

"PFFT- I, UH, UHM..." y/n looked around nervously, sweating bullets, 'Tatsu-moron, please come and yell at me about my shots or something!'

No sign of the Blue Oni.

Y/n was starting to wish that the hospital would just discharge her already, tired of being trapped in the village with Team 10.

Seriously, it'd been so long that Sasuke had the time to get his 🍑 beat a second time and end up back in the hospital again!

"Aha... Erm..." y/n looked away, "Well..."

"Well?" Ino pressed, leaning closer to y/n expectantly while the oni gave her a sheepish look in return.

"Ahem." y/n closed her eyes, "Well, I guess his presence alone made me feel all jittery and excited for some reason. I was curious about the feeling, so I decided to attempt to get to know him more."

"Oho, his presence eh? Jittery... excited...!" Ino was all up in y/n's personal space, eager to hear more.

"Leave y/n alone, Ino, you're making her uncomfortable." Shikamaru interjected, lightly nudging the blondie away from the clearly nervous y/n.

Ino pouted, "Oh come on, she was opening up too!"

Y/n perked up, "Ah, right, congratulations on becoming a Chunin! That's a huge accomplishment, Shikamaru!"

The boy heaved a sigh but uttered a thanks to y/n before chiming, "You know what, you should definitely tell Ino about why you've got a crush on that Sunakagure boy."

"SHIKAMARU, YOU TRAITOR! CHOJIIIII!!!"

Y/n fled the scene, kicking up dust as she went.
Ugh, he just had to go stab her in the back like that!

While y/n was running away from Ino, seeking out Choji for a place to hide, Sasuke was being all depressed and 💩 in his hospital room.

Damn, hospitalized twice in less than half a year.

Y/n was not aware of most of the drama, Team 7 collectively agreeing to keep the awful stuff which happened on their last mission a secret in order to keep y/n from feeling guilty about not being there.

If she felt guilty, she could start going against the doctor's orders and training again. If that happened, it was possible for her to injure herself further.

Speaking of the devil, that upbeat aura of cheerfulness she carried with her all the time reached Sasuke before she opened the door to his room.

"Hey! Hey! Emo boy!" she greeted, "Granny and I had a lot of vegetables in the garden so we made you tomato quiche!"

Sasuke perked up at the mention of tomatoes and Granny's cooking, but immediately caught himself and pretended to be uninterested.