𝗡𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗔𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻

Chapter Twenty

Y/n was too scared to watch, retreating to the bathroom to avoid the others seeing her freak out again.

She'd already lost her cool enough times.

In the bathroom, y/n hid in the stall. But... she wasn't doing too well. In fact, she was hyperventilating a little.

'My horn... it hurts!' y/n thought, resisting the urge to touch it in fear of it actually breaking completely, 'I've gotta avoid touching it. Let me try bandages...'

Y/n did exactly that, doing her best to handle the horn without breaking it. It wasn't like breaking was all that bad, she'd reached an age where she learned to regenerate.

However, she had to be real careful.

After all, what that Side Character 09081 kid said the other day about her Clan wasn't entirely incorrect. Though the trigger varied for different people.

Oni in the Arataki Clan did indeed have a little ability, one out of a large number, which gave them a significant boost in power. Most, with a certain amount of control, could turn it on and off at will with some limitations here and there.

However, it would activate spontaneously and at full power under the right conditions. Which, as I just said, varied for different people.

For y/n's Father, it was extreme stress. When y/n first learned this, his relaxed and laidback nature suddenly made a lot more sense to her.

For her Grandmother, it'd been blood. Just as Side Character 09081 said. Though y/n never met her, her Father had shared this information when she was young.

Very young, before her fourth birthday.

Before-

"Ouch!" y/n winced when pain spread throughout her head and her horn as she tied the bandage a bit too tight.

While her horns were durable, they would break with a good amount of bashing if they weren't given the proper time and medication to heal up.

Thankfully, Arataki Clan Oni horns were like limbs on lizards. They could grow back with time or instantaneously whenever they activated their technique.

Y/n wouldn't have been concerned about her horns, had it not been for one little important detail.

If her horns broke, she'd go berserk.
In other words, she'd have to be real careful.
Otherwise she'd likely end up killing someone.

That would be super bad... especially with the promise y/n had made to her Pops, and Granny.

'Talk before you sock, talk before you sock, talk before you sock.' y/n reminded herself before leaving the stall, washing her hands and glancing at her reflection.

She beamed, "I've got this."

She began to march out of the bathroom only to halt and run back in with a, "Crap! Gotta take a crap!!!"