Affection

~(Y/N)'s POV~

We walked back over to the ice cream parlor, seeing Papyrus, Aliza, and Ren all talking together. It was really cute actually. When Aliza caught sight of us, she ran over and wrapped her arms around us both. "I-I was so worried!" "Why?" "Ya thought I was gonna kill 'em?" Aliza whined and shook her head, pulling us both in tighter. Sans and I both laughed a bit and ruffled her hair. "Ya don't gotta work yerself up, kid." "Yeah, Swam and I are cool, now."

Aliza let go, only for Papyrus to pull Sans and I into a hug. "What's with the hugs?" Sans asked, raising an eyebrow. "I WAS WORRIED AS WELL..." "Aww, Papyrus..," I smiled and rubbed his skull gently, making his face turn red. "Jeez Paps, ya like bein' pet? That's prrrrretty weird, bro." Papyrus let go and corrected himself, turning around. The silence afterwards was a bit odd to me, but I would have to talk to him later. Sans shrugged it off again, though. "Well if everyone's done, we can drop Ren and Aliza at her house, and then the skeletons at their place, which leaves me all a...lone..."

The sudden realization that I would be alone was kind of sad, but I decided I could probably get some Latin done. We got into the car, but I was in no rush to be alone again. I hated being alone. Once I got to Aliza's house and dropped the kids off, the atmosphere shifted. I felt like at any point, something terrible was going to happen. "(Y/N)?" Papyrus asked. "Yeah?" "YOU SOUNDED UPSET EARLIER ABOUT BEING ALONE. WOULD IT...BE ALRIGHT IF I ACCOMPANIED YOU? WE COULD TALK ABOUT PUZZLES AND IT WOULD GIVE MY BROTHER SOME TIME TO BE LAZY." "Oh yeah, super lazy. Ya should hang out."

I smiled a bit, feeling my cheeks heat up. "I...would really like that, Papyrus. Thank you..." Papyrus made some weird noise that I guessed was a laugh. After a little time, we dropped Sans off and headed towards my house. "So, are you okay? You were really quiet after Sans mentioned me rubbing your head." Papyrus just shook his head and stayed quiet. I decided to wait until I got somewhere where he would have more room. Poor guy.

After a few more minutes, we got to my house. I usually just referred to it as a house because it was a small rental home that I had lived in for years. "Well, come on in." We got into the house, which was really cold. I mean, heating is expensive... "ABOUT THAT..." I sat on the couch and patted next to me, where Papyrus sat. "I WAS...EMBARRASSED. IT FELT VERY NICE, BUT MY BROTHER WOULD TEASE ME IF HE FOUND OUT..." I felt...kinda sad that he felt he needed to hide that from Sans.

"Papyrus." "YES?" "Put your head on my lap." Papyrus started coughing sporadically, like he choked on air. "W-WHAT?" "Put your head on my lap. I wanna rub your skull." Papyrus went quiet and I almost got up until his head was laying on my thighs. He was avoiding eye contact, which was kinda cute. I took my hand and started gently rubbing his skull, seeing him relax. He left a sigh out and a content smile crossed his face. Cute. Really cute.

"MMM...THANK YOU, (Y/N)." I snickered and smiled. "Of course, Papyrus. Besides, I'm glad you're able to relax." We sat there for a while, just enjoying each other's company. His skull was somehow keeping me warm, so I didn't mind the cold too much. Papyrus got up after a while, which made me wonder if he was okay. "Are you...feeling okay, Papyrus?" "YES, I AM. WHERE IS THE BATHROOM?" I blinked before half-pointing over there. He walked over and shut the door.

I headed into my room to change into more comfortable clothes, aka sweatpants and a crop top (crop tops are unisex. i checked. got an issue? too bad, its important to the LOREEEE). When I got out, Papyrus was standing there staring at me. I jumped and screamed, absolutely fucking terrified. "P-Papyrus! Y-You can't just s-stand there!" Papyrus just blinked. We stared at each other for a while before he finally spoke up. "WHAT IS A CUDDLE?" I smiled a bit and cocked me head. "Its when two people hug each other while laying or sitting down."

"...MAY I CUDDLE WITH YOU?" I felt my heart pound in my chest at just how cute he was. "Sure, Papyrus. C'mon, my room's warmer." I walked into my room, watching Papyrus walk in. I got into my bed and stretched, finally letting my back rest. I sat back up and moved over, patting the spot next to me. Papyrus sat down and took his boots off, getting into the bed. I hoped it wasn't too small for him and luckily, he seemed to fit enough to get comfortable.

"Okay, now you lay down..." Papyrus did as told, looking back at me for more instructions. "A-And then, um...h-hold on..." I tried not to let the situation get to me. Papyrus was just curious about human things, he didn't know that any of this means anything. Even if...its something Frisk and I used to do. That was the first and last time I'd ever been in a relationship, and the first time I'd ever cuddled with someone. 

"Okay, so now you-" Papyrus pulled me into his chest, holding me close to him. My heart began racing at how familiar this was to when Frisk and I dated. "I Lied, I Know What Cuddling Is, (Y/N)." I looked over at Papyrus, who's face was flushed. "I Just Wanted An Excuse, I'm Sorry." His voice was quiet and gentle, which made me smile a bit. I leaned over and placed a kiss to his cheek, feeling my face heat up. "Well, thank you. I'm glad I got to cuddle with you."

Hopefully you guys listen to the song- it's really good and fits the chapter really well. sorry for the short chapter btw

Date: 10/16/22 0300

Word Count: 1013