Prologue

Need-To-Know Facts for this Book:

(Y/N) (L/N):

Age: 22     Gender: N/A     Pronouns: N/A     Sexuality: N/A     Hair Color: N/A     Skin Color: N/A     Eye Color: N/A     Education: College Sophomore

Rensselaer [AKA: Ren] (L/N):

Age: 15     Gender: Male     Pronouns: He/Him     Sexuality: Demisexual     Hair Color: Dark Brown     Skin Color: Tan     Eye Color: Dark Brown     Education: High School Sophomore

Aliza Miller:

Age: 14     Gender: Demigirl     Pronouns: She/They     Sexuality: N/A     Hair Color: Light Brown     Skin Color: Pale     Eye Color: Dark Green     Education: High School Sophomore

Frisk Miller:

Age: 23     Gender: Nonbinary     Pronouns: They/Them     Sexuality: Asexual Panromantic     Hair Color: Dark Brown     Skin Color: Mid-tan     Eye Color: Red     Education: High School Diplomat 

Frisk and (Y/N) are exes. They broke up one year after Frisk returned from the underground [21 Frisk and 20 (Y/N)]. Aliza and Ren have a lot of classes together, and are even both in the robotics club. 

(Y/N) has no ill feelings towards Aliza, but cannot stand having to interact with Frisk. Frisk is hostile towards Ren and (Y/N), even going as far as to punch Ren when he approaches them. Aliza has a positive opinion of (Y/N) and Ren. Ren dislikes Frisk, but has a bit of a crush on Aliza. 

Thank you to @JustAnotherCommentor for helping with Ren's name.

~(Y/N)'s POV~

I sighed and continued flipping the pages of Ovid's 'Metamorphosis', not understanding a lick of it. "Damn this dead-ass language. Why the fuck couldn't I have picked French???" I thought out loud,  slamming the book shut. I opted for Junji Ito's rendition of Osamu Dazai's 'No Longer Human'. The horror manga artist was one of my favorite- I even bought sixty bucks worth of his work this weekend. 

My younger brother walked in, yawning. "Ohhhhh big sibi~" "What do you want, Oh smelly one?" Rensselaer (Pronounced: Ren-se-lay-er) groaned and walked in further, crossing his arms. "You're a jerk, (Y/N). I was gonna tell you more about those monsters. You know, the ones that're rumored to be under the mountain?" I spun around on my bed and patted beside me, much to Rensselaer's amusement. "Go on..."

"Well, one of my friends said she was going to go into the mountain to free the monsters." "Really?! Who?!" "You're not gonna like it, Sibi..." "Ren, if you don't tell me, I'll hit you." "Fine! Aliza, okay? Frisk's little sister. Frisk as in-" "My ex. Yeah, okay...You know I don't hate her right? She can't help she has that bitch of an older sibling. Aliza's a sweet girl." Rensselaer laughed a bit and rubbed my shoulder, a nervous smile on his face.

"Y'know, maybe it's a good time to keep up with the news. So you can see when the monsters are free?" 'If Aliza makes it out alive.' I thought, looking back to the now discarded manga. "Ren?" "Yeah, (Y/N)?" "When Aliza gets back...are you finally gonna tell her about your mega crush on her?" Rensselaer's face became red and he nervously played with his fingers. "W-Well...I-I don't wanna ruin the friendship w-we have, you know?" 

I snickered and ruffled his hair. "Yeah, sure, nerd. Anyways, piss off. I'm reading manga." "Aren't you supposed to be reading that book for your Latin class?" "...piss off, shit nerd." Rensselaer laughed and left the room, leaving me curious and worried. Curious for if Aliza would free the monsters or just kill their leader like Frisk did, and worried she wouldn't make it out of Mount Ebott alive...

Date: 10/07/22 20:58

Word Count: 569