happy birthday

You stumbled through the forest carefully stepping over fallen branches and attempting all the while to be as silent as possible. Your village wasn't far, but it was certainly far enough for this excursion to be an issue. You had left to pick some pears and apples for your family to sell at the market. Typically, you would never dare to go through the forest. But the path you usually took had been washed out by a large rainstorm the previous night.

Not willing to let your family go hungry for the month, you decided to go through the forest. However, these forests belonged to a powerful warrior known as the Monkey King, his brother the six eared macaque, and their apprentice; the monkey kid. They were aggressive about their territory and had a bad habit of kidnapping villagers for servants or food depending on who was telling the story.

The Prince Red Son had done everything he could to be rid of them, but they proved to be a nuisance that would not be removed so easily. So, the towns people were warned to avoid the forests at all costs. Thus far you hadn't run into any trouble. You would be home soon. You had just begun to wonder if you were going to be lucky when-

"What's this?" A low voice questioned amusedly from the shadows.

You froze midstep and looked around frantically for the source of the voice.

The shadows around you shifted and a black monkey leaned halfway out of your own shadow that was cast against a nearby tree.

You gasped a bit and stumbled backwards until your back met something firm and warm.

"Looks like a new servant." The Monkey King spoke making you jump and dash away a few steps.

"N-no way!"

Both Monkeys exchanged amused looks.

"So she talks." The darker mused stepping fully from the shadows. "And here I just thought she was a pretty face."

You sucked in a breath to speak but just then a third voice cut you off.

"Who's this?" A thud sounded behind you with a hint of a metallic ring.

You flinched and turned only to pause. Before you stood a brunette holding the legendary staff with a raised eyebrow. When you met his eyes your heart skipped a beat. His glowing gaze gave you a once over. Then his lips parted into a cocky grin.

"Aw you guys got me a gift for my birthday. You shouldn't have."

Macaque and Monkey king exchanged grins.

"You gotta catch her first, kid." Monkey King pointed out folding his arms. "Seems to me she was about to put up a fight."

The monkie kid's grin grew, which made your stomach twist into knots.

"A chase huh?" He twirled the staff. "Sounds like fun."

You paused for a moment then threw the fruits you had picked into his face and took off in a dead sprint.

The elder two monkey's laughter followed you as you raced through the trees. For a moment you heard no sound that would indicate you were being followed.

But in an instant the monkie kid fell right infront of you. You came to an immediate halt stumbling only slightly.

"Nice try." The monkie kid smirked before lunging at you.

With you dodged narrowly and picked up a rock.

The monkie kid chuckled darkly before zipping behind you.

"Gotcha!" He cheered catching your wrists and pinning them behind your back. In an instant you felt something akin to rope binding them in place. You were then tugged backwards your back hitting his chest.

"Welcome to your new home."

*So, I didn't want to spoil so welcome to the end of the story. I the picture and had to write a oneshot where the Demon Bull family and Monkey King's lores were somewhat swapped. I might do more in this A.u with monkey King and macaque. Enjoy!*