Macaque vs Monkey King x reader part 2

The drive was relatively silent and you refused to even glance at M.k before he parked the car next to the anti-gravity arcade.

"Hey y/n...have you...met Monkey King before?"

Your head shot up from staring at your lap.

"What? No! I don't know why he said I was familiar."

"Then why were you backing away?" M.k gave you a confused look, but it was mingled with worry.

"He's...he's not everyone's hero I'll put it that way." You mumbled reaching for your phone.

"What are you talking about?! Of course he is. He's saved the world hundreds of times."

"Every one is the villain of someone's story M.k. Besides he's kinda intimidating."

M.k hummed a bit before nodding.

"Yeah that's fair."

"Hey you head in I need to make a phone call real quick. Ok?"

"...Alright." M.k stepped out of the car with a worried frown, but left you be.

You sucked in a deep breath and dialed Macaque.

"You met who?!" Macaque's worried voice crackled through the phone.

"It was only for a minute and we left right after."

A slight pause on the other end made you kick at the rocks on the ground.

"I'm ok Macaque. Honest. But I wanted to keep my promise."

You heard a deep sigh over the phone's speaker.

"Y/n did he talk to you?"

"Um a little."

"What did he have to say?"

You fidgeted.

"....He said I was familiar."

A longer pause came this time.

"Macaque?"

"I'm here, kid. Listen to me, ok? He isn't what he seems. Try to avoid him until I can think up something."

You frowned.

"Think up something about what? He just thought I looked familiar. I'm a dime a dozen. I'm sure he's seen hundreds of gi-"

"Let me stop you there, kid. You are anything but a dime a dozen." You could hear Macaque chuckle on the other end of the phone. "And kid, do you know why he was so chatty?"

You thought for a moment before speaking.

"No?"

"He was flirting, kid."

Your cheeks ignited once again.

"Macaque!"

"Hey don't shoot the messenger. Look just lay low, ok? I won't let him hurt you."

Your heart skipped a beat at his promise but before you could respond he hung up. Suddenly you felt a lot better about the whole ordeal and entered the arcade.

Meanwhile

Macaque jumped between rooftops towards the arcade. It couldn't hurt to check on y/n. He hadn't wanted to lie to her, but Monkey King wasn't simply flirting when he said she was familiar.

Of course she was familiar. She was the reincarnation of Xue Bai. A powerful sorceress who had stolen both his, and his would be brother's heart.

She was killed by the lady bone demon in an attempt to steal her power. Macaque had done everything to protect her, but Monkey King had arrived too late. Just as he always did.