Mei x Male reader

"Why would you give that peasant your time?!" Red son demanded while you pulled on your black over coat.

"Red, do me a favor. Keep your prejudices to yourself."

Your younger brother growled his hair lighting ablaze.

You walked past him and blew out his hair with a frosty breath.

"STOP THAT!" Red son shouted.

You smirked amusedly at his tantrums.

"Be quiet you'll wake up mother."

Red Son fumed in silence as you walked away.

The town was quiet this morning as it was just before dawn. The people who were out and about avoided you like the plague. While you weren't as well known as your brother, you were still recognizable. With jet black hair and icy blue eyes your mother adored.

You loved your family dearly. But their schemes grew tiring and sometimes you were forced into them. So, you would visit the city. Especially early in the morning. The air was crisper then. And the world so much more quiet. You loathed noise and Red Son supplied more than enough to irritate you.

However, there was one person who's noise didn't grate on your nerves.

"Y/n!" Mei cheered as you rounded the corner.

Your lips tugged into a smile at her happy bounces.

"I've missed you! Where you been boi?!" She asked rushing over to your side.

"Oh mostly trying to calm my brother." You shrugged nonchalantly as she fell into step with you.

Her pigtails bouncing at her sudden movements. The smiles she threw you made your smile grow a little with each one.

"So yesterday I got this awesome upgrade." She bragged catching your attention.

You rose an eyebrow.

"Is that so?"

Mei nodded confidently.

"A bull clone broke in and tried to steal the dragon sword. But I stopped him with this!" Mei drew a jade sword from behind her and held it up. "The dragon sword!"

You hummed and held out a hand.

"May I?"

Mei smiled and placed it into your hands carefully.

You inspected it curiously and flinched as green electricity clashed against your powers.

"Aheh. Feisty thing. You'd best take it back." You commented returning it to her.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry!" Mei apologized. "It's never activated without me telling it to before."

You shrugged.

"It probably sensed that I'm not you. It's not that surprising with powerful relics. They are fiercely loyal. I tried to snatch my mother's fan as a kid. Got knocked on my back pretty hard."

Mei smirked at you.

"Sooo you're saying you didn't learn anything?"

You blinked in shock for a moment then chuckled.

"Suppose not."

Suddenly a pink blush exploded into her cheeks.

"Oh! I almost forgot...I uh have a surprise for you." She threw you a nervous smile.

You rose an eyebrow with a silent question.

"It's actually just around the corner." She pointed ahead of you. "You ready?" She asked, although she seemed to be asking herself more than you.

You nodded simply.

"Ok." Mei nodded and led the way.

You followed silently studying her mannerisms. How could she suddenly act so nervous? Was someone hurting her? The idea was possible with the enemies her friend collected. But as you rounded the corner the only thing you saw was a motorcycle.

Your jaw dropped at the sleek black coloring and blue linings. The motorcycle was amazing and you circled it awestruck.

"You like it?" Mei asked nervously.

"Mei..it's-its perfect." You stammered staring at the gift.

Mei grinned shyly.

"I tried to customize it and have it ready for your birthday last month. But it didn't turn out I promise I didn't forget." She offered the explanation with a guilty smile.

You smirked over your shoulder throwing your leg over the the bike and pulling it into position.

"Shall we test it?"

Mei grinned and raced over jumping on.

"Yeah boiiii! Let's goooo!" She cheered hugging close."

You smirked and turned on the bike then took off.