Macaque's farewell

*So for those of you who don't know, Billy kametz, the voice actor for Macaque passed away on June 9. He was an outstanding actor and he did amazing with Macaque's voice. Thanks for bringing the characters you played to life, Billy! *

"Easy kid, I'll be back." Macaque chuckled walking towards the door.

You stumbled after him.

"How long are you going to be gone?!" You demanded hopefully catching his arm.

Macaque gave you a lost look as though no one had ever cared if he had left or not before.

"Well, the journey is gonna be pretty long so...about two months? Give or take."

"Two months?" You gasped. "You can't be serious!"

"Listen kid it's important. I'll be back before you know it."

That's what he'd last said to you. So you had waited. Everyday after work you would lean against the guard rail of your balcony waiting. And each day the sun would fall below the horizon, the stars would emerge, and a chill would infiltrate the brisk winds brushing past you. Eventually you'd give up and go to bed promising yourself that he'd be back tomorrow.

Tonight was such a night. It had been four months now. And yet you still waited. Slowly, the sun fell below the horizon, one by one the stars painted the night sky, and before long the wind turned cold.

You glanced at your watch. It was nearly midnight now. So, with a sigh you turned and walked into your apartment.

"It's ok." You whispered to yourself feeling the tears streaking down your cheeks. "He'll come back tomorrow."