Sandy x Neglected Reader

You stepped into Sandy's house with a quiet whimper wiping at your tears.

"Hey y/n I made those cupcakes you li- what's the matter?!" Sandy stepped into the room brandishing a cupcake tray before abruptly setting it on the counter. He rushed over to you.

"Huh? Oh thank you Sandy." You mumbled. Your eyes were a dull hollow color. It was clear you were not mentally present.

Sandy took your hand and led you to the couch. Then, he gently pushed you onto it.

"Y/n something is upsetting you. What happened?"

Color returned to your eyes and your head snapped up.

"Wait...you care?"

Sandy immediately took on a hurt look.

"No wait- I didn't mean..It's just-I-" you babbled incoherently trying to make your mind function. You had been entirely on autopilot for the last two hours. Snapping out of that took time. Time you didn't have to fix your stumble.

"I'm sorry, Sandy. I'm really sorry." You mumbled.

"Heh, it's alright." Sandy mentioned gently resting a hand on your shoulder. "I get what you meant. But the answer to your previous question is; of course I care. You're my girlfriend."

Tears swarmed your vision as you debated keeping your troubles to yourself or voicing them.

Sandy knelt infront of you.

"Y/n, hiding your feelings will only make things so much worse. You can trust me... please." He pleaded gently resting his hand on your cheek.

Your wall broke at the gentle plea. Tears slid down your cheeks as you broke into sobs.

Sandy frowned worriedly but pulled you into his chest. His hold was gentle but firm and everything you needed to feel safe. After what was likely only minutes but felt like hours, your tears subsided.

"I'm sorry, this is just new to me." You mumbled wiping the tears with the palms of your hands.

"What do you mean?" Sandy questioned in confusion. "The cupcakes?"

You giggled at the confused guess.

"No. Sandy, I mean no one has ever cared before."

Sandy's jaw dropped.

"No one? What about your family?"

You rubbed at your upper right arm then slowly shook your head.

Sandy frowned.

"Friends?"

You sniffled quietly staring at the floor before shaking your head.

Sandy's shoulders slumped.

"Oh y/n." He mentioned gently taking your hands.

Your eyes flicked up to meet his gaze with his touch.

"Ill always care. And I'll always be here. I promise."

You hugged Sandy tightly.

"Thank you."

Sandy held you for a while until you felt better. Then you two watched movies and munched on the cupcakes he has baked for you.