Wukong x reader Darkside

"We both know what you are." Your mother's voice spoke around you. A cave full of spider webs surrounded you flicking to a glowing blue then back to normal vision. Your mother's blue silhouette appearing each time your vision flickered.

First to your left.

"This fleeting attraction you have-" She giggled.

You flinched stepping back.

She appeared Infront of you leaning close.

"It cannot possibly last. It isn't your destiny." She grinned.

Desperately you covered your eyes with your hands.

"I choose my destiny!"

Her condescending laughter filled your ears as the scene around you fell to black.

"I've taught you better than that, y/n. You will bring him to me." You could sense her right behind you just then. "And he will learn to Hate you!" On the second to last word she seemed to shove you.

Sun's pained yells filled your ears and the disturbing image of him being torn to pieces filled your mind.

"No, STOP!" you screamed sitting up in bed. You glanced around the room in a panic. No one was there. Sun's belongings were placed around. Some neat, others strewn.

In an instant the door flew open, your boyfriend stood in the door way with a shocked and protective look.

"Y/n? What's wrong?"

At that moment everything came crashing down in your head. Tears spilled down your cheeks and you started to cry.

She couldn't do this. Ignore you for decades then just show up when you were finally happy. Finally safe with someone who loved you dearly.

After all, he did love you right?

Wukong was by your side in an instant his speed made a small sonic boom, knocking things from the shelves in the next room. An the next thing you knew he was holding you against his chest gently.

"Not another nightmare." He sighed.

He was right, this was a nightmare. Just a nightmare, nothing more. Slowly, you forced yourself to nod curling closer to him.

"Don't worry, Im not gonna let anything hurt you." He promised with a reassuring smile.

You forced yourself to take deep breaths. He was right. Sun Wukong, the Monkey King was strong enough to protect you from anything, right?

That's when a thought struck you.

'His abilities are not what's in question. He can protect you, but can you protect him?'

The thought made your heart crack and you could almost hear your mother's mocking voice whispering the words simply to break you.

You shook your head. No, you would not let her get into your head.

"Hey, peaches. Speak to me. You still look dazed." Sun instructed lifting your chin.

"I-I am ok." You stammered. But that felt a good deal like a lie. "I'm fine." You stated firmly. "It was just a nightmare." You looked up him with what you hoped was a normal looking smile.

Wukong's jaw fell slightly at that moment, and he flinched away.

"What? What's wrong?"

"Peaches, your eyes are glowing." Sun pointed out with a frown.

"What?!" You gasped. You grabbed your phone turning on the front facing camera. Sure enough your eyes shone an icy blue. The mark of your mother's magic.

"Heh, I didn't know you had magic peaches." Wukong chuckled nervously. "That's weird, I would typically know." He mused in confusion holding his chin.

Your gut sank as your mother's voice sounded once more in your mind.

"We are one,you cannot escape me. You will embrace your destiny, my dear."

Sun offered his hand with a smile.

"But don't worry peaches, we'll figure it out together."

*Yes I know, its short. But what makes a story impactful isn't the length, it's the message. The Daughter of the lady bone demon was originally the first idea I had for an OC. I have a few ideas if you'd all like more stories about it.*