Chapter 59

Ch 59 — Dying and Coming Back to Life

A stormy few days had passed since the proclamation ceremony had ended. The entire empire had been turned upside down by what had occurred that day, but the Great Temple, where it had all started, was still peaceful.

"Wow, I can't even file a claim to Lunar." I clicked my tongue at the priests that were struggling to fill in the holes in the floor and the ceiling.

"Isn't it enough that they cooperated nicely with you on that day?" Lydia comforted me, telling me not to worry about the cost.

A day after the full moon had passed, Lunar's voice also naturally disappeared along with it. Although I was relieved that the rowdy voice that had been filling my head the whole day had disappeared, it was also a little disappointing when it actually did.

"Whether it's to thank them or to file a complaint, I'll have to wait until next month anyway."

Though there was nothing to be sad about since we could still meet again, as long as I came to the temple on the day of a full moon.

"You'll come to meet Lunar again next month?" But the man by my side suddenly interrupted me. "Don't tell me you're thinking of staying up all night every time the full moon rises?" Although those words were filled with concern, he still couldn't hide his brusque expression.

"Don't get jealous of Lunar. Isn't she someone who always only calls me, 'daughter, daughter'?"

"I don't like it." Lecht sneakily hugged me from behind. With his face resting against my hair, he murmured, "Lunar is your family and I'm not, so it feels like there's a line dividing us."

Wow, so you can even think of it like that. His jealousy seemed to have no limits and exceeded common sense.

I just patted his arm that was wrapped around me silently, knowing that no matter what I said now, it would all stimulate his jealousy even further regardless. I simply changed the subject instead.

"I'm sorry for causing so many incidents before we could leave." I said to Lydia, who was looking at Lecht and I with a smug expression on her face.

Being able to feel comfortable in the Great Temple, even after the situation burst out of control, was all thanks to Lydia.

"Don't worry too much about what's happening on this side and spend as much time as you need over there."

"And if you do need to, it's easy for the Great Temple in the demon realm to contact the Great Temple here as well!" Muso added another comment on top of Lydia's reassurance.

"Like Muso said, please come and find me whenever you need to. In any case, the place that will suit the saintess of the Lunar religion more than the human realm would be the demon realm." They were words that relieved the sense of obligation to visit them often.

As I smiled smugly, I suddenly spotted a grinning Muso, who was looking at Lydia with an expression that said, 'I did a good job, right?'.

"But when did the two of you get so close?" I'm pretty sure the only time they spent together was when they went to the Grand Duchy together last time.

"Aha. Seems like you don't remember, Ara. We met a hundred years ago."

"Heok, really? How?"

When asked again in shock, Muso replied with a smile, "We met when you took me in, Your Majesty! You gave me food and blankets back then."

"So that's how you guys connected... no, wait a minute. So you also met me a hundred years ago, Lydia?"

"Yes. Back then, you had black hair, didn't you?"