Chapter 6

Ch 6 — Certain It's Her

Except for stopping to eat and sleep, I thought we'd be on the carriage the whole time.

But don't tell me...

"Bleurgh."

I...

"Urk."

"Meliara, are you alright?"

I didn't think I'd get carriage sickness...!

The carriage ride was worse than I had imagined. It was like riding a never-ending ride of Disco Pang Pang[1].

Although I didn't eat much, I still kept feeling nauseous, so we finally ended up stopping the carriage.

We managed to find a lodging nearby where I could lie down on the bed while we passing through a small village.

Still, the motion sickness showed no sign of going away.

"That medicine really doesn't work on you."

Although I had already taken the motion sickness medicine that the knights had saved for Linden, it only tasted bitter, and showed no sign of helping me get better.

"We're trying to find a more effective drug. Just wait a little longer."

Although I felt sorry for the knights who would suffer from Linden's words, I was in no position to argue about it right now.

"Whine..."

Kelber also struggled to rest all three of his heads on my bed, perhaps because he was also worried. I stroked his head, saying not to worry, but even that small action made it feel as if the whole world was spinning.

"I'll take a quick nap."

"Yes, that would be for the best."

I lay on the bed and closed my eyes. In this case, it's best to take a nap.

'If you keep getting motion sick like this, it'll probably take more than half a month to get to the temple...'

It was a road that had to be driven on for three days, yet I cried out in surrender after just a day. Although the temple was also a problem, this would further disrupt my plan for asylum. I groaned at the unexpected wedge thrown in my plan.

'Chrysanthemum tea is the best for motion sickness...'

Even in my previous life, I also frequently got motion sickness. There were many folk remedies for motion sickness, but chrysanthemum tea was the one that worked best for me. So, whenever I rode a roller coaster or a boat, I would always carry some chrysanthemum tea with me in a thermos.

'But here, I don't even know where to get it from.'

Now, I couldn't even go and look for it, since the world would spin even if I tried to walk on flat ground.

All I could do was lie on the bed and moan. I tried to close my eyes, hoping that 'time would heal me', but Lecht entered the room after a knock.

He had disappeared as soon as the carriage had stopped, so just as I was about to ask where he had gone, I saw that he had a cup of hot tea in his hand.

"Drink."

The moment I got up to receive the cup with a bewildered mind and caught a whiff of the orchid's scent, I immediately knew what it was.

"Chrysanthemum tea...?"

"That's right."

"How did you..."