Chapter 14

Ch 14 — A Smile That Gives My Heart a Critical Hit

"What?"

Lecht replied calmly at the shocked Linden's question.

"It looks like you've been 'blessed' by that blonde saintess."

"...yes."

All people are born with a vessel for divine power. If that vessel was filled with your own power, then you would have 'divine power', and if it was filled with the help of another, then you would receive a 'blessing' and become a believer.

Linden was born with an affinity to magic, but lacked an affinity for divine power, so he had been 'blessed' directly by the saintess last year. Not because he wanted to become a believer of Solarism, but rather to approach her since he was curious about what sort of woman the woman his older brother liked was like.

Although it wasn't unusual for a prince to receive a 'blessing' from a saintess, when it was pointed out by Lecht, Linden felt as if he had been caught red-handed for no reason.

"That's not the power of the sun god."

"Your Excellency."

Tanma, who was standing silently next to Lecht, intervened. He had an expression that seemed to say that there was no need for him to say that.

"Does he really have to know? In any case, it seems as if Ara cares about this guy."

"..."

Linden felt as if those words of his were rather strange as well.

If this man were really interested in Meliara, he would've felt displeased with him, who she 'cared' for, as well as his claims of her being his 'most precious friend'. If he were a man, he'd at least be jealous.

However, this man seemed to be someone who was above that. He wasn't broadminded enough to accept it. Rather, it just seemed so insignificant to the point he didn't even care about it.

Even though it poked at Linden's pride, the strange feeling of acceptance surging up in him was still uncomfortable.

"It's not that I'm disgusted with Solar's power. They're just different in nature, since it reflects the power of that god. But that clumsy imitation in your body is disgusting, so empty it out."

"What you just said... don't you know that's a very dangerous statement for you to make?"

It was a statement that claimed that the saintess's 'blessing' was fake.

"Do you think I'd care about that?"

"..."

Lecht, who added indifferently, turned his head back to the door.

If word of this ever leaked out, he would end up provoking the Temple of the Sun God.

He didn't care that the Temple would risk their lives to eradicate him?

'So His Majesty the Emperor hadn't been saying to be careful for no reason.'

His attitude that seemed to say, 'what's the big deal' was so arrogant that it seemed rather incredible.

"Why are your thoughts like that?"

"It's just the truth."

Linden examined Lecht's expression. This was the first time he had ever seen someone so difficult to read.

'He doesn't seem like someone who would lie about something like this.'

He was definitely the sort of man to think that all such schemes and lies would only be committed by insignificant people.