Chapter 17

Ch 17 — Be It My Life Or My Soul

Kelber, who was lying next to me with his chin resting on my lap, opened his eyes to look up at me, as if he was happy to hear my voice. He closed his eyes again as I continued to pat his heads, occasionally whining and sniffing with his nose.

"Going home."

"Oh... so you live in the East. Whereabouts in the East?"

"..."

He remained silent.

Did you want me to guess or something? The capital of the Bakarta Empire lay more in the northwest than in the center, so when it came to the 'East', it encompassed quite a large amount of territories. There were such a large amount of areas that it became quite difficult to guess.

"It's a place you'd like."

"Me?"

Why is that? Is there a beach? Or a place with a beautiful night view? Are there a lot of restaurants? Or maybe there are a lot of attractions there too?

"A place with a good view of the galaxy, and lots of animals."

"Wow, really?"

Then yes, you're right! A place I'd like! Of all the scenic views, I especially liked looking at the night sky, and among all the things I liked, I especially liked animals as well.

"I really want to go there at least once."

"You can come."

"Psh, how could it be as easy as that?"

I had to get certified as a saintess, find the cheat, and flee as well... hmm, well, fleeing the country is temporarily on hold.

t/n: i'm changing the translation of spirit previously to cheat since i'm not even sure if it is a spirit and cheat is more ambiguous.

Regarding that, I was going to speak to the high priest about that after my confirmation as saintess. Wouldn't you believe a prophecy of invasion if it was given by god? Or would I be punished for using god's name in vain? But wouldn't that be better than suffering from the demon invasion anyway?

"If you're the owner of that thing, then..."

Lecht said softly to me, who was still lost in my own trivial thoughts.

"I'm thinking of taking you there."

"To your house?"

"Yes."

The look in Lecht's eyes as he gazed at me deepened for an instant. A spark appeared in those golden eyes I liked so much.

"Lecht and the butler as well. Are you inwardly Lunarism fanatics?"

"..."

"Since I'll monopolize your house if it really turns out that I am the saintess you know."

Even though it felt like it was a result of fanaticism since I was the saintess, completely devoid of romantic air, it still didn't feel too bad.

"That's fine though. A believer like Lecht should be monopolized as much as possible."

Even though he had a cold expression on his face, there would be no one else who could take care of others so well. He was also skilled in martial arts, so he'd protect me if anything happens.

Huh...? Come to think of it, didn't I have Lecht...?

At that moment, a brilliant thought flashed through my mind.