Chapter 41

Ch 41 — A Panacea for the Soul

As a general rule, demons were not allowed to stay in the human realm. In order for a demon to cross over, they needed the Demon King's explicit permission to do so. This was due to the fact that in the past, a commotion caused by one or two demons had been the catalyst for a war that raged on between both the human and demon realm.

It was a rule to prevent such friction from happening again. But there was an exception to that rule.

[Lecht] "If you are summoned by a human and obtain a human contractor, you will be able to cross over to the human realm without the Demon King's permission on the condition that the only thing you will do will be to fulfil the contractor's requests."

The power that could be used in this place was also limited and was dependent on the contractor's abilities. Therefore, their messing around didn't seem likely to cause another commotion like last time again.

[Ara] "But the magic used to summon demons is forbidden in the Empire..."

But what I didn't understand was why Olivia was able to summon Frody. Just as the rule of gaining the 'approval of the Demon King' was established in the demon realm, the rule 'prohibiting the summoning of demons' was also established in the empire.

[Ara] "To think that the Saintess would have such a Midas touch..."

It was a story that was much more severe than simply framing Meliara. Lecht put his hand on his forehead and proceeded to say something even more shocking.

[Lecht] "She isn't a saintess."

[Ara] "Pardon...?"

[Lecht] "That woman does not possess the divine power of Solarism."

I felt as if I had just been knocked on the back of my head. My head was tingling and I couldn't find any words to say for a moment.

[Lecht] "That ability that she uses like her divine power is all borrowed from Frody's own power."

[Ara] "No way...! So Olivia has deceived the whole empire into thinking that she's the Saintess?!"

[Lecht] "You could say that."

I was so shocked I couldn't even manage a snort.

[Ara] "How did you know about this, Lecht?"

[Lecht] "I found out two years ago when she came to bless the Grand Duchy. She could see Kelber's true form."

He had said that there were two cases when someone saw through Kelber's illusion magic and to his true form. They were either a demon, or they were under a contract with a demon. Since I was the Saintess, a child of Lunar, whom the demons served, I was able to see them despite not belonging to either of the two cases.

[Ara] "Why didn't you tell anyone about it?"

If it was such a serious matter, then he should've brought the matter up with the Emperor.