Chapter 10

Ch 10 — Can I Touch It?

"The purification of the people over here is finished."

"You've worked hard."

"How about you go back and rest for a while, Saintess? I heard that you had originally stopped because of motion sickness on the way, but couldn't even sleep a wink because of the outbreak."

"I'm fine."

I quickly rejected their offer.

To be honest, even if I went back to my room now, I wouldn't be able to sleep at all.

My mind only got more complicated after I gradually accepted the fact that I could be a saintess.

While my mind was complicated to death, the priests continued to follow me like trained soldiers. Wait, no, them being trained soldiers was frankly too docile of a remark. Rather, they were more like ducklings who were chasing after their mother duck.

"How could you have such a pretty face and a beautiful heart? To think that you can't sleep due to your anxiety over the common people dying. Heuk heuk."

"To think that I was the first priest who had the grace to see the Saintess first! Just where should I go to boast about this honor?"

"Were you the one who saw her first? It was clearly me who saw her first."

"I was the one who greeted her first though?"

"Aha, no, well my hand was the first hand to be held by her."

"No! If you think about it like that, then the first to hold her hand is clearly the high priest."

"Fufu, I don't care what number I am. I won't ever wash this hand."

...They were clearly just a group of hardcore fans. With me as their target. Although this sort of interest was rather troublesome.

"Ahem. Is there anything else I can do to help..."

"There isn't!"

I asked to try and go back to what we were talking about before, but an answer came back quickly before I could even finish my question.

"It's enough for you just to sit here and look pretty."

Just sitting is fine, but what the hell do you mean by sitting and looking pretty?

When he saw the reluctant expression on my face, he quickly inserted how he interpreted my expression as.

"B-But of course, it this was handled by the Saintess herself, it would be sorted out immediately..."

He was the one who had looked at me with particularly sparkling eyes.

"But even if that will be the case, we still want to show that we're capable people as well. So just leave it to us!"

"No just when on earth did this guy get so proactive...! Saintess! I'm definitely better than this guy! Just watch and see!"

The youngest looking one of them shouted in a loud voice, before running past me, the rest of the priests following after him.

"O-Okay... good luck..."

Left all alone after they rushed out, I sat on the simple chair they prepared for me, thinking it would be awkward for me to continue to remain standing. Kelber placed his three heads on top of my legs and began to doze off.

'It's embarrassing for me to be the only one doing this when everyone else is busy working hard.'

I looked around to see if there was anything I could do, my butt constantly lifting off the chair.