Chapter 3

Ch 3 — A Second Male Lead Who Looks Like the Nation's Younger Brother

Having successfully exchanged my jewelry for money, I changed my outfit first.

That was because, even though I had worn the simplest clothes from the Duchy, they were still too flashy and made me stand out too much. The long flowy skirts were also too uncomfortable.

I used to wear pants since I had felt uncomfortable with even formal skirts, not to mention the clothes that a noble young miss had to wear.

After that, I bought a map and found an inn that was the closest to the city walls. This was the best place for me to start moving from tomorrow.

I roughly unpacked my luggage in the single room and found a restaurant on the first floor.

"Here's your garlic wild boar meat stir-fry and creamy beer~"

I ordered one of the things I had always wanted to try while reading <A Divine Retribution>, and now it was really right in front of me.

"Thank you for the food~!"

To think it's wild boar...! Isn't this a dish that can't easily be tasted in Korea?

"Oh, it's really good though?!"

Although it was my first time trying wild boar meat, it actually wasn't that bad?! It's pork, but should I say it was more delicious than pork?

Since this was so delicious, I wanted to try all the other food that was here. Perhaps the grilled brown bear tongue that I had seen earlier.

I was so hungry that I finished the food without any hesitation. It wasn't until I had washed my mouth down with a mouthful of creamy beer that I finally opened the map that I had bought. It was a detailed map of the Bakarta Empire, as well as the areas surrounding it.

"Then, where should I plan to go?"

My notebook, which lay open next to the map, contained what my future plans were.

1) Asylum (Where should I go? – As far away from the Empire as possible!)

2) Obtain the spirit[1]!!! (The one that's in the abandoned temple of the moon god!)

The ultimate goal after seeking asylum, was none other than finding the spirit.

Although going into hiding was one thing, I still needed a way to protect myself in case something unexpected happened. So what I had thought of was the spirit.

The spirit, which was mentioned in passing in the novel, was sleeping in the abandoned temple of the moon god and was said to be a defense spirit.

Although it wasn't strong enough to stop someone from deliberately trying to kill me, I would still at least be able to avoid being shot by stray arrows.

It was unknow whether the Demon King would only destroy the Empire or completely wipe out the entire continent instead.

So, if the world were to suddenly turn into a war zone, it was clear that having the spirit would have a great impact on my survival rate. The problem was...

'Why is the abandoned temple there?!"

The abandoned temple of the moon god, where the spirit was sleeping, was right next to the the territory of Grand Duke Arvis!

Grand Duke Arvis, who boasts the second largest territory after the capital, was a place that was extremely hard to enter.

In particular, Grand Duke Arvis, who ruled the area, didn't leave the Grand Duchy very often, so no one but the Emperor knew what he looked like.