Chapter 11

Ch 11 — If It's Too Hard, It's Okay For You to Complain

"Please remain courteous to His Majesty the Demon King."

Despite having Tanma already directly point it out, the man only let out a light laugh.

"Today, it seems the number of bastards following you has decreased from two to one, huh?"

He whispered those harsh words gently. It was a voice so gentle it could enchant anyone who happened to be soft-hearted in an instant. A biting tone, the exact opposite of that, came out of Lecht's mouth.

"It's not like you're unaware of the fact that it's strictly forbidden to meddle with humans without permission."

His voice was so sharp that if it had been a knife, it would've been leave that man in two.

"What would happen if you had humans come into contact with drugs that even demons can't tolerate? Fortunately it was diluted, otherwise it would've led to nothing but death."

The starting point of this epidemic was a contaminated well. Lecht confirmed that the well contained a substance that was notoriously dangerous, even to demons.

So it hadn't occurred naturally, but had been done intentionally by someone. Since it was a drug that couldn't be obtained in the human world, Lecht immediately knew that one of the demons had interfered.

The man shrugged at Lecht's words.

"Ah~ Why is my little brother acting so stiff, yet again?"

The man giggled as if it were amusing.

"You know that a contractor's request is an exception to that, right?"

Whispering in a voice that seemed as if it were determined to seduce its opponent, he slowly approached Lecht, one step at a time. The five-headed snake also moved in a slither in unison with its summoner. Tanma flinched and attempted to take out a weapon from his spatial storage, but was stopped by a hand gesture from Lecht.

The appearance of the man who was standing in front of Lecht was finally revealed slightly by the rays of moonlight shining from the front of the alleyway. He had hair which was black at its roots and gradually turned white near the ends, along with a lone half-broken horn that protruded from the two-toned hair. And on that skin that was so white, it made one wonder if they were really still alive, was a scar that started from his forehead and crossed over one of his eyes to reach his cheekbone.

"Since my little brother is the great Demon King, shouldn't I, as the older brother, follow such important rules that we are forbidden from breaking?"

He had only narrowly toed the line, nothing had been broken.

"To think that you would raise such a basic question... Has our honorable Demon King gotten confused about the rules since he's been away from the demon realm for too long?"

Raising the corners of his lips, he tilted his upper body toward Lecht. If it had been toward a human, just coyly crinkling his eyes would've already made them lose their mind.

"So that's why I told you. I'll look after that position for you until you come back."

"You're going too far, Sir Frody."

Although Frody's gaze slowly turned toward Tanma due to his intervention, he was quickly ignored and his attention was once again returned to Lecht.

"It's just that that seat shouldn't cool down so much, so I'll just go and heat it up a bit. What do you think?"

As if it wanted to come over, the fluttering aura of temptation enveloped their surroundings. It was Frody's unique ability, 'enchantment', which was so powerful that even Tanma, who had lived several thousand years longer than them, flinched and had to avert his gaze.