Chapter 55

Ch 55 — Do You Want It?

The morning dawned on the day of the proclamation ceremony. Since I was being proclaimed as the Saintess of Lunar, who was the god of night, my proclamation was scheduled to be held when the moon had risen into the sky at night. Thus, it was time to prepare for the event that would be held in the evening.

I had nothing else to do after choosing which clothes I'd wear. Even if I tried to help with the preparations, the priests would aggressively stop me from doing anything by forcefully keeping me in my room. To be honest, I was actually a bit tired since I had stayed up all night chatting with Lunar yesterday.

[So what you're saying is, the truth is that you actually had divine power in your previous life, but that world was a place where divine power couldn't be manifested, right?]

Even now, I seem to be sighing at that noisy voice.

[But despite that, the people around you are still fundamentally influenced by your divine power and are able to receive peace of mind just by being by your side...]

'You really do talk a lot... Lydia wasn't just saying it after all...'

[A lot? But I'm only talking about things of importance right now? If you don't listen carefully, you'll regret it when you end up hitting the ground later...]

They read my thoughts yet again.

Haa... How is it possible for them to talk without even taking a single minute's rest? If we're talking about skills, then this is one too. What's even more impressive is that it's all stuff I haven't heard before, with not even a conversation overlapping.

'I thought I wouldn't be able to hear you in the middle of the day when the moon disappeared.

[The moon always exists somewhere. Like you said, just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.]

To think that they even used the line I said to Alion. Cheap, they're too cheap!

[Aha! I suddenly remembered it since you said something about things you can't see. Aren't you curious about how the shield you have is made?]

I'm not curious. No, I'm curious, but I don't want to tell them that I'm curious. Since it's obvious that we'll end up talking about that topic for another hour.

'I'm going to sleep. Don't disturb me.'

[Daughter! You're too mean! We'll need to part ways after tonight is over!]

How terrible, to have to endure until tonight.

I lay down on the bed, leaving Lunar, whose dignity as a god had disappeared over night, to kick up a fuss. Nevertheless, I still couldn't sleep. This time, there was another distraction apart from Lunar.

"Saintess, His Highness the Prince has come."

There were visitors coming in and out as soon as day broke.

'Looks like I won't be getting a good sleep today either.'

[There's originally something like destiny you see, so you're born with some parts, and there are parts that you make as you live...]

"Haa..."

And Lunar, who had started talking about that straightaway. The reason why the Lunar religion's saintesses don't appear very often was probably because even if they did appear, they'd just run away from Lunar's chatty self.

With a sigh, I stepped out to meet Linden. I changed into my light inside-wear and went to the drawing room where Linden was waiting for me.

"What did you come here so early for when the proclamation ceremony is at night?"