Chapter 18

The good thing about having Heidi around was that she never let me get down. Every day she was getting me into the pool, or out on the beach, or down on the treadmill for exercise. She could send me for groceries or for whatever items we needed from Target or wherever else she decided to send me. Every single day it seemed like we had stuff to do to pass the time faster. She took care of the reporters too, releasing a written statement that was virtually identical to the statement I'd made to the police so they knew I had nothing juicy for them. She also worked with me to get the flash drives ready for the cops. We had six of them, three with the minimal information that we needed to give to the police and the school system that should get the bullies arrested and their enablers fired, as well as a backup. The other three were pretty much everything we had just in case things got really ugly and the police didn't want to prosecute them. I was hoping it didn't come to that though!

She even finally got me introduced to Emilia. I'd seen her around the school a few times, but now I got to know her as Heidi's girlfriend, which was entirely different. It wasn't like she knew me too well either, since I had only been to the principal's office once, that being after the junior year locker room incident. I was okay with that, it made it easier to not have any preconceived notions about each other. Heidi was smiling a lot around her, and that was all I needed to know.

Emilia didn't ask about the scar, or school, and that was fine. My schoolwork only took a few hours a day, unless there was an essay or something, so I had plenty of time for Heidi to run me ragged with her ever increasing cardio workouts. I did a little extra schoolwork in the evenings, because while Mrs. Clark was an ass about working from home, the teachers themselves were letting me work as fast as I liked. If I worked at it, I'd have nothing, but the finals left by the time my month of waiting was up! But after a few weeks of school and cardio, I was more worried about breaking Syd because I had plenty of endurance now!

Okay, that might be an exaggeration. I don't think a tongue can break you out that much! Can it? I'd planned to do the strap on shopping, but then I realized I wasn't sure what Syd liked in terms of sizes and shapes, so I decided to wait until we could shop together. That would be more fun anyway.

To take care of my wardrobe upgrades I spent way too much on the Gooseberry Intimates website. Yes, it was a little pricier than Victoria's Secret, but I loved the way they felt, and I was pretty sure that a certain someone might appreciate the view. Not all of it was sexy, I promise! I got some that were more for day to day wear too. But still a little sexy. I'm really am a damned dolphin I tell you!

I also did some searching for new swimsuits and found a cool brand that was right near me in San Diego called Xochi Swimwear that I ended up wanting to buy everything at! The best part was, one of their models was a hot girl with a scar on the back of her calf, and I was immediately down with that. Any place that has no problem showing off real women like that I could get behind since I obviously had a scar of my own.

So yeah, since they weren't too far, I drove down and got to meet some of the staff and models. Not shockingly, everyone there was gorgeous, but I was able to escape their clutches. That was harder than expected, because one of the models, a surfer girl type named Amy, seemed as though she wanted to tackle me! But I was able to leave with three new suits that I thought my lovely soon to be girlfriend would like. One was a great white shark style from their shark collection, one a nice coral color that went well with my skin, and the last a deep purple. I know, just like the scrubs. I'm addicted, what can I say?

But the most important thing I had at that time was my appointment with the plastic surgeon back at the hospital. It was a nervous morning because I really wanted to see if they could reduce the size of the crescent moon scar on my head, and also because there was a chance I could run into Syd there, though I was hoping not to. I might have brought a small package for her too, which I hoped would make her smile.