Chapter 32 (@inertflouride)

AN: *The Following chapter is in Mark, or as they call him, Master's POV*

"Master. If I may?"

I take a long drag from my cigar as Josh, my present righthand man, moves to inquire into my views about all this. I know what he's going to ask. I don't even have to listen to his question before answering.

This is the thing with humans; they all are quite predictable once you start understanding the pattern of their cognitive thinking. All except me and my upbringing, which unfortunately my brat brother has too.

"Go ahead", I sigh, holding the smoke between my two fingers.

"Are you really going to go according to their plan, sir? Because my master hasn't ever been a follower, rather the one who has made others follow him", he butters me up, while also trying to get what he wants.

I wonder why these people even bother. I mean I'm scary, agreed. I'm terrifying, agreed. I'm stupid enough to fall for their buttering act? I guess I'll cross that box.

"Hmm", I take another long drag before answering, "Why do you think I'm following someone this time?"

"Because, master, you didn't make them move according to a plan you made. Rather, you listened to their plan and agreed to it. I can swear I have never seen, your grace, doing something like this", he chimes, rubbing his hands together like a dishonest trader.

"Ok Josh. Leave that. Tell me everything you know about Miss Davis", I amusedly ask him.

He starts scrambling for this data file as soon as the words leave my mouth. It's funny seeing a 6 feet 3 inch tall guy running around like a cat following its own tail. This is why they can't be where I am.

This is why I need my brat brother by my side.

Of course, he doesn't need to know that. He can go live in rainbow tinted dreams with his little bitch for now about being like an average civilian, but deep down, he knows he can never escape his reality, which is this, beside me.

"Yes sir. I apologise for the wait. What part should I specifically focus on about Miss Davis?"

"Everything but nothing", I assert, getting amused by Josh's bewildered look. "Alright, start from the specs."

"Name- MC Davis. Age- 23. Born in Boston. Current Resident of Colorado. Marital status- Single. Cu-"

"Marital status- Single soon", I bemusedly interrupt him, snapping my fingers for scotch, which is poured in seconds by someone I don't really care about.

"Right, master. Current illnesses- none. Has 3 moles on her face, all inconspicuous. Had a scar on her right torso. A mole on her right breast-"

"Alright. That should be enough information to imagine Miss Davis in my head while fucking her", I rub my forehead, trying to stifle a laugh.

"Apologies, master", he bows, tugging the file under his arm.

"Tell me more about her present acquaintances."

"Yes master", he starts skimming through her folder. You see, I realised this one thing. Jake thinks a lot like me. Kyle too. And that I can't kill Miss davis.

So, I decided to play a little game with the three of them. One thing I know about Jake and Kyle is that trust doesn't come easily to either of them: a paranoia which I instilled in them. To the extent that they won't even trust each other with everything.

Then comes Miss Davis: the one who would drive a stake on my careful planning, encouraging them to sit and talk about things. So, I decided why not portray Miss Davis in a distrustful light. And that's where that beautiful hard disk comes. One of my guys placed a little note in her pocket which will make Miss Davis want to hide the disk from the two guys.

Why? Because the disk has how I killed Kyle's mother. And how Jake knew about it. Ever since then.

Of course, Jake doesn't actually know about it; he'd have completely lost it had he been even a remote part of anything. It is just a cute little replica of Jake doing some nasty things. Just like a cute replica of mine who would die in a plane crash, which I haven't yet decided who would be. Many people I wish to kill. Alas, I can choose only one. But, I assure you, none could match my charm. It's one of a kind.

Back to where I was. So, you see, playing with humans has been one evergreen habit of mine. I can't help but do it. You would too if you knew how to. It's actually fun trying to coil your finger around the spider web type of human relations. Fragile and Pathetic. An utter waste of time.

And once in a light year, you find a web as firm as the Darwin's Bark spider's; admittedly, they are the most fun to break too.

Just like little Jake and his bitch.

"There aren't many acquaintances of miss Davis, master. Like, the ones she had, aren't in contact with her anymore, or the other way around." I shut my eyes and hung my head back in thinking when Josh speaks up. "Except one. A lawyer. Christopher."

"And where might he be?", I speak without lifting my head or opening my eyes.

"Right under your payroll, sir."