Chapter 20 (@a-glimpse-of-fantasy)

From the previous chapter:

"NOOOO! JAKE!!!!!", I scream my lungs out on not seeing him anywhere. He didn't jump with the car right? "No no no, this can't happen. "And I start running towards the ditch to figure shit out when suddenly...

Continuing from there :

Suddenly a hand grabs my arm, pulling me to a hard chest. I struggle, twisting my body but shit, this guy is too strong. Jake can't go like that. I must save him.

I struggle harder, then bite his arm till I taste blood. Shit. Is this guy even human? He just wouldn't budge. I spit the blood to get rid of the disgusting metallic taste in my mouth when I feel the guy's breath. He pulls me closer and whispers, "Shh. You have to move to a safer place first."

What bullshit is this guy spewing?

I struggle harder when I hear his faint voice again, "I'm sorry. But we have to move. Immediately." I am about to turn my head and ask what the fuck is he talking about when his hand hit my neck. Somewhere between my nape and collarbone? Shit.

I've seen this in movies.

The surroundings turn black. I have to move before I lose it. I am struggling to move, basically crawling on the floor. But damn. This guy just won't let me move an inch.

Through fading consciousness, I think I mutter something. I can't hear. What am I talking about?

Ah, I can guess.

Jake...please don't die.

***

I feel my face rubbing on wood. Hardwood? Damp smell? Shit. Fuck that damn carotid chop or whatever it is called. I don't have time for this bullshit. I have to see what happened to Jake.

I dropped the damn burner phone too. At this point, the only thing I have is the revolver Jake handed me...

Fuck. There's no way the guy who kidnapped me would let me keep it.

I shouldn't open my eyes immediately, I think to myself. Making no move as much as possible, I slowly open my eyes. Only enough to gain my vision a little. The room is dark, I am lying on a wooden bed? Confirming there's no one in the room beside me, I open my eyes completely. I notice another thing as well.

Damn. Is this guy crazy?

My hands nor legs were tied at all. What kind of a kidnapper would be this stupid? Wait.

The revolver is with me too?

What the fuck? Could it be James? Maybe he sent someone?

I immediately rise as I hear footsteps. I take the revolver in my hands and hide behind the door. Whoever opens the damn door won't be able to see me right away. I can have the advantage of surprise. Of course, it's more likely there will be other men too.

Still, I'll go as far as I can. And Jake, you will have to fucking face my wrath when I find you. How dare you scare me like this?

It will do no good to shoot this guy. If only I can just knock him out.

Soon, the door opens. I knock his head with the handle of the revolver.

Fuck. He only hurt his head. A black-haired man with dark green eyes turns to me, his face is distorted. It must be quite painful there. That's what you get for kidnapping me, dude.

I point the revolver in his direction. Should I say 'hands in the air? Well, before I say anything he raises his hands over his head. Right under the wrist of his right arm, there's a bite mark. Yes. I only believe that it was done by a human because I did it. But there's no way anyone is gonna believe that. The damn metal taste is still burning in my throat.

Exhaling loudly, he rolls his eyes. Is he annoyed? How dare you, bastard? Am I not the one who should be annoyed here? I was the one who got kidnapped?

I open my mouth to curse but he beats me to it. "Fuck! Where did you even find this woman? Is she a dog or what?"

Do you dare say that you fucking asshole?! I am even considering pulling the damn trigger. I hear a voice, 'the voice'.

"Don't underestimate my girl."

My hands lose their grip but I soon give strength. I still don't know Jake's condition. What if he has been caught too?

Wait, he left me the damn revolver. Did he take out the bullets?

"MC, it's okay now." Jake walks in, pushing the other guy aside. He is still in one piece. His blue eyes curving pleasantly. I feel my entire body finally cooling down.

How dare he smile like that?

He is caught off guard, so my slap successfully lands on its destination. The blue irises widen, and Jake is now rubbing his cheeks. "W-why?"

I take a step forward. Grab him by the shoulders, bending him to my face level. I whisper in his ear, intentionally exhaling a hot breath. "Your punishment for scaring the shit out of me earlier." Licking his earlobe, I smirk as I feel him shudder. "Of course, there will be more."

Jake visibly gulps, then I grab him again and put my lips on his. I don't give a fuck about the guy before us. We are already in a room, so how about he fuck off?

Jake seems to think the same as his tongue soon slips through my open lips. Damn. How dare he always make me forgive him so easily? The nerve of him.

As we part to catch our breath, Jake reluctantly loosens the grip on my waist. "MC, this is Kyle." My eyes widen as mine meet the dark green ones. He has a hint of redness on his cheeks. With an awkward smile, Kyle greets me, nodding.

Of course, he is embarrassed after witnessing our reunion kiss. Sorry but I don't feel sorry at all.

***

"Why are you suddenly helping us?"

I ask, crossing my arms. Apparently, Kyle has now changed his mind not to stay silent anymore. He wants to help us bring Mark Willow down. Why suddenly?

Who knows if Mark himself sent Kyle to us?

Kyle chuckles under his breath, before sighing. "Of course. If it's Jake's lover she has to be this much at the very least."

I frown. Yes, I'm happy that he called me 'Jake's lover' but this is not the time for that. "What?"

Shaking his head lightly, Kyle lets his head down. "Master...That bastard killed my mother. My sister is all I have now but she's in a coma. If I am to protect her, I must bring him down."

This is all too complicated. Kyle is dishevelled as well, he looks like he needs some time to pull himself. Not to mention, treat the wounds I caused, if possible. I sigh, kneading my brows. Turning to Jake, "Let's take a break. Can we afford that?"

Jake nods, "Yes. We can't move out until it's dark anyway. Also, I suppose they're probably looking for our bodies by now."

My heart aches as the car invaded my mind again, "How could you do that to such a beauty? To kill her like that? You're heartless." He chuckles, "Since I've got a beauty far beyond her," pecking his lips on my nose playfully, he smirks. "Couldn't help it." I can feel my cheeks heating up.

Yes. By now Kyle has already left the room. It's better that way, isn't it? I was about to kick him out if not.

His lips crash on mine, this time more powerfully yet desperately. He runs a hand through my back while the other clutches my waist, gently but strongly. He licks my lower lip gently, asking me for access. I open my lips in a daze. His tongue invades my mouth, gently grazing over my teeth, then the cheeks. Soon, Jake presses his tongue on mine, inviting me to join him. I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him closer.

Soon, we part as my lungs couldn't take it anymore. Panting, I look into his hazy blue eyes. Eyes filled with desire.

Fuck. If only that Mark Willow bastard didn't exist. We could've continued for sure right?

"Seriously," I ask, still gasping for air. "How the hell did you escape there? I thought you fell with the car for sure."