Chapter 19 (@inertflouride)

"Hell the fuck no!", I shriek at the flashy red 1968 Ford Mustang gracing the shitty background view, and I make a leap towards it, sprawling over its hood. "This is what they call a 'wet dream'!" I move back from the hood and take the majestic vehicle in once again, disbelief radiating from my eyes.

"Certainly", he lets out a small laugh in response, "I suppose our definitions of 'wet dream' vary a lot."

Thank goodness my back is towards him since I can feel the heat creeping out from my cheeks, most probably tainting them a deep red. I find myself pressing my thighs together subconsciously, trying to subdue the building heat between them. Ever since our little make-out session, I have now officially lost count of how many times did I repeat that scenario in my head. God knows where it would have led had we not been interrupted.

I get too busy with my thoughts that I seem to have not noticed Jake moving up and now standing behind me. Too close yet not enough.

"I know what you're thinking MC. No point hiding your face from me", he coos in my ear, one of his hands gently squeezing my butt. A little sigh escapes from me before suddenly he spanks my butt, and reminds me of the task at hand.

"Goodness, Jake!", I squeal at him and try to smack his tummy but he catches my wrist before that and gently twists it. I whine and try to free it from his iron clasp but to no avail. Then, suddenly, he brings it closer to his lips and gently kisses my inner wrist which makes butterflies flutter in my belly from the delicacy of his action.

"Everyday I find myself thanking whatever Gods that exist in this world for bringing you in my life. Whatever I say to describe my feelings towards you is still insufficient and an 'I love you' does no justice to the amount of love and respect I have for you MC. You gave a reason to my life even back then and you seem to do that now as well. I just hope that once all this ends, I'll be able to provide you a life you deserve. That I'll be sufficient enough to protect you, the way I should right now too."

Tears try to well in my eyes from the sudden declaration I receive from him. "Yeah well, you can call me your majesty from now as a token of gratitude", I sniff out a bit from the heavy emotions that stir inside me and try to lighten the air between us. Jake lets out a laugh and motions for us to start our journey.

"Okay well if not that, at least lemme ride this beauty?", I ask him, batting my eyes like a 3 year old in the toy section of a supermarket, "Pweeeeez(please)?"

He gently pinches my nose, saying, "Cute but no. Now no tilly-tallying about that and lets go."

I drag my feet to the car from the disappointment and slump in my seat, throwing my backpack to the backseats. Jake follows the same, except he 'keeps' his bag instead of throwing it back. He turns the ignition on and the engine purrs deliciously, almost making me drool over it.

As we finally start with our journey to Berlin, I realise that this has to be one of the calmest and optimistic moment in a while. We found Kyle! Unbelievable for me at least since I always had this feeling that Mark Wilson or whatever his name is, would have killed him already or something. The fact he managed to stay afloat regardless of probable bounty worth several dollars for his head is remarkable.

As for calling this moment calm, I say so because maybe ever since I met Jake, we never had a peaceful moment to ourselves like we do right now. Jake drives the car with his one hand managing the steering and the other takes my hand in his, intertwining our fingers in each other, his thumb drawing those little circles on the dorsal side of my palm. I throw my head back from the fatigue by the last few days, imagining how Jake spent years living a life worse than this and yet managed to stay a little fun with me at times during our chats.