Chapter 24 (@fun-sarcasm-and-writing)

I grinned. I knew Lilly would not disappoint me. I only hoped she'd be fast enough.

As I walked back into the room Kyle and Jake watched me curiously.

"What did you do?" Jake was the first who stood up and walked to me.

I smiled mischievously. "Do you remember the last time your pursuers nearly got you?"

I saw understanding in Jake's eyes but before he could open his mouth it was Kyle who said anything first.

"Are you talking about the 'I am Jake' business from a while ago?" I just starred at him but Kyle only shrugged his shoulders. "I tried to keep my eyes on Jake and thousands of people saying they were Jake was some big business. So the person is doing it again?" Kyle scratched his chin. "This could maybe work. But this time they'll know the trick..."

"It's the best we've got. You both didn't have any better plans." I crossed my arms and starred at them both.

"This might give us enough time to get out of here and infiltrate Masters estate. I certeinly won't let her go alone." Again Jake had this stubbern look on his face and I knew if we don't end this soon we would get into another fight.

I sat down on the couch. "Let's get this started. W don't have too much time. When will Mark meet you?" I refused to call him Master. This name made my skin itch. Someone with such an username could only be some slimeball.

"At eight. We should move now. You can't get there with me. Two people of the catering firma will get you and take you with them. I wrote them in your name and said your car broke down. Luckily for us some of them were nice enough to help you." Kyle grinned. I was glad Kyle was with us, even if our beginning was rough. I still saw my teeth marks in his arm.

"And where should I meet them?" "I'll take you there. If somebody asks your car already is at the garage but you needed the money from the job and didn't drive with the mechanic."

"Okay I think I can work with this." I slapped my knees and stood up again.

As fast as possible Jake and Kyle got our last equipment. I just wanted to get out of here. I hoped our pursuers wouldn't catch Jake. I know how dangerous it was for him to walk outside. But if we waited any longer we'd be sitting ducks. This would be even worse. I prayed to all the gods I know for Lilly being fast enough and for enough people being online and willing to put on a mask.