Chapter 28 (x3kristax3)

As the door swings open, I stand in front of MC to protect her from whoever is coming through the door. Mark walks in looking at us, without saying a word he sits down in his chair.

"What have you love birds decided on?" Mark asks, looking at both of us with his hands folded in his lap.

"We have a proposition for you, Mark" I say, as I squeeze MC's hand behind me.

"Hm" there is a brief pause, "I'm listening," Mark states.

"You said you're done running and how can we honestly trust the FBI? What if we fake your death so you don't have to run and hide anymore from them and your secrets stay secrets?" I say walking closer to him, trying to seem confident.

"Well this could work. However, how do I know you won't still give the FBI that flash drive after we make a deal?" Mark states standing up in front of me.

"I will wipe and destroy the drive. However you need to make us both a promise." I stand tall to make him know I mean what I say.

"Oh come on Jake, you've never been on to follow through on your promises" Mark laughs. "Plus what makes you think I'm going to accept the promise?" he says with a sinister smile.

"Because you won't have to run from the FBI if you accept the deal. I'm a changed man since the last time we both stood in front of each other like this," I say, as I feel MC behind me squeezing me tight and I know she's concerned.

"Okay tell me what you want and I wil think about it" he says staring at MC which fuels my desire to make this happen so he never touches her.

"You leave us both alone, no more coming after me or her' I state, as I feel my hands tighten wanting to punch him for how he looked at her just now.

Mark sits down "sit down you two and we will talk about this," as he points at the couch we were sitting on before.

As we both sit down I squeeze MC's hand and I look at her for the first time since he's entered. She's holding her confidence but as I look into those eyes of her I can see she's nervous and worried.

He grabs the flash drive from the table where it laid from earlier "Lets make a deal...."

MC's POV

Hearing mark say lets make a deal makes me nervous. I squeeze Jakes hand even tighter but try to control my emotions on the outside so Mark doesn't realize it.

He looks at both of us. "How would I die?"

Shit I think to myself as I look at Jake. I realized this wasn't something we had a chance to discuss.

"The best choice would probably be a plane crash over the ocean." Jake states

"But how would they know I'm on it?" Mark asks.

"We could get the flight list with your name on it and showing you board it and then sneak you off," I say looking at Jake.

He turns his head as he told me not to talk during this but then he smiles because he realizes I'm right.