Opening of The Boarding House

A 21-years man stopped in front of a two-story boarding house with six rooms that looked very dirty and dull.

 Even so, the man still showed a big smile as if it was a precious treasure to him.

 He then went inside the boarding house fence and looked around.  There's nothing really good about this boarding house.

 The yard is filled with weeds that grow against the blocks that are there.  The orange wall looks very dull full of dust and cobwebs at the ends of the ceiling.  Plus there are bamboo trees that add a spooky impression to this building.

 Even so, the man didn't really care about that. He doesn't believe in such things because he's never met anything like that.  Even if he met someone like that, he would try to befriend all of them instead of running away in fear.

 He then took out his smartphone from his pocket, checking the current time.  It was already 11:02 AM and he was also waiting for someone here.

 "It's already this hour, where else is she?"

 While wondering when the person he was waiting for came, suddenly someone from behind called his name.

 "Oi, Lam!"

 He looked up and greeted the person back.  It seemed that was the person he had been waiting for.

 A woman with long, straight hair that is neatly combined with formal clothes that are also no less neat, her appearance already looks like she wants to meet an important person.

 "It's been a long time, sis. Where have you been?"

 "I'm sorry, Lam, because I just met an important client while taking care of other work."

 "Of course you do. By the way,  where's the key?"

 "Here."

 The woman also gave the man some keys—Alam.  Alam accepts it with pleasure.  He couldn't wait to make this boarding house his palace.

 Alam's face, which was smiling to himself, was then realized by his sister who immediately awakened Alam from his beautiful daydream.

 "Don’t just stare it blankly, kid. A ghost might come at you and possess you."

 "Yeah, yeah, whatever," replied Alam, jokingly responding to his sister.

 "But seriously Lam, don't you feel strange about the atmosphere in this boarding house? Even though this is a boarding house inherited from our parents, it's scary in here, you know."

 "Nah ..., it's okay. I'm not used to that kind of thing."

 "You've never been afraid even when you were still a kid. I remember you didn't scare or anything else when you watched a horror movie."

 "Well, what can I do, Sis? People are not scary."

 "What a weird kid," said his sister.

 "Sis, you just called your brother a 'weird kid'. My heart is fragile, you know."

 But his sister didn't take Alam's words seriously and instead laughed as if it was funny.  Then suddenly, her smartphone rang which distracted him.

 Then he saw her and her expression changed.

 "I think I’m gonna go now, there's been a call from the boss, here."

 "Okay. Good luck with your work, sis."

 His sister then left.  But just as she was about to leave, she suddenly turned around and raised her voice so Alam could hear it.

 "Watch out! There's a ghost behind you!"

 "Not afraid!"

 Alam's sister still manages to bully him and tries to frighten him.  But it didn't affect him at all, as if he couldn't feel any more fear.

 After his sister completely disappeared from his sight, he immediately turned to his boarding house and wanted to clean it up immediately.

 "Time to clean up!"

 Alam also cleans the whole room with passion.  From one room to another he cleaned carefully and wholeheartedly.  Starting from pulling weeds in the yard to cleaning cobwebs, he has done everything.

 And this time only the bamboo trees are still standing healthy here.  Alam has brought a machete and is ready to pull it.  But suddenly, a voice entered his ear as if whispering.

 "Don't cut it ...."

 Alam immediately grabbed his left ear because the sound was so close.  He looked left and right looking for who had whispered in his ear but couldn't find him.

 "What was that?"

 Even though he was still confused by what had happened, he finally gave up his intention to cut the bamboo tree.

 "Maybe I'll do it later," Alam muttered.

 With Alam not cutting the bamboo tree earlier, the clean-up event was over.  This time, all he had to do was put up a sign so that someone would know that this boarding house had been opened.

 He also stuck the signboard into the ground and Alam's boarding house was ready.

 "Okay, now just waiting for the person who will contract here."

 Alam also entered her house, which was in the same area as the boarding house and six other rooms.