Fire and ice

The next day was filled with silence from both noé and vanitas. Both of them haven't uttered a word to each other since we had started eating our breakfast.

I chewed onto the bread amelia has served just now before she left, she just eyed noé for split second and sped off to the counter again. I didn't know what the hell was wrong with them. They haven't been the best buddies but from what I know they obviously bicker with each other alot. However, now they didn't even gave each other a glance as they ate in silence.

Like silence before the storm.

" So, what are we going to do with the missing vampire's case? " I asked in an attempt to get one of them to talk and broke this heavy silence but none of them did.

" I don't know. Why don't you tell us vanitas? " noé hissed, his voice was very low and rumbled like thunder. Vanitas set the silver fork down on the plate, his eyes shut in annoyance as he opened his eyes to look sharply at noé who returned the gaze.

" Why do I need to tell you about this? It's my business." he taunted, glaring at the vampire sitting across of him and I sit back on my chair as I looked back and forth between them.

" Your business?! I'm also going on this mission so you gotta tell me everything about it. "

" I never asked you to tag along! Your chose to follow me and now you think I need to explain everything to you! Hell no."

" Of course, you need to when it concerns me or affects me in anyway!" noé slammed his fist onto the table, standing up from his chair as it fall back to the ground.

" I'm not obliged to tell you anything when you already knew how I worked since the start! Why are you so persistent about it?! " Vanitas did the same, gritting his teeth as he looked at him dead in the eye.

" Noé! Vanitas! Calm down, this isn't the time to fight amongst ourselves. " I also stand up from my chair, all the customers in the restaurant had their eyes on the two of them.

It was getting more embarrassing for me to stand there and pretend to know them, so I summoned my power and created the illusion in their minds and sealed off their minds to believe we were fighting anymore and covered our area in a invisible bubble where bith the guys were still fighting.

" Because it involves Y/n as well! You jackass and I care about her! " noé yelled, I was shocked to see him this enraged, as his eyes glowed like a raging fire about to engulf everything that stands in its way.

" What do y-you mean, Noé? It involves me? " I asked in a hesitant voice, staring at them with wide eyes as I didn't understand anything and looked at their aura to see what they felt. Noe's burned with a bright red - anger, rage and violence.

Vanitas's was flooded with deep blue and bright blue - coldness, insensitive and ruthless.

It wasn't good, fire against ice has never been a great match to begin with and it's a matter of then they hop into physical fight.

" So do I. And that is why it's the best if you stay here with her until I get my hands on the person behind all of the kidnappings of vampires. " he spoke, his voice calm like ses however it wasn't reassuring at all.