Year two, day one; The Sequel is Better Than The First

October, 2022

Much like last year; we (Danny and Asja) shall embark on our Halloween shenanigans. All fics can be read as romantic or platonic and the readers is gender-neutral in all of them! The coming fics here will be a continuation of last years :)

-----

A/N: I may be turning into a tired adult but Halloween remains as my primary source of inspo -Danny

Words: 914

Warnings: According to last year's fics, the characters are 21 or older, so keep that in mind. Nothing nsfw happening but there might be drinking and swearing?? idk we'll see

Percy offered to drive the few of you that'd stayed in New York to San Francisco, so now you were piling up your bags in the back of his car.

Once you were seated in the backseat, Annabeth handed you a bag of chips and spread the map on the dashboard to help Percy navigate the confusing roads.

Next to you, Will, Piper, and Calypso were trying their best to be comfortable in the small space.

"I don't know how are we expected to survive this two-day trip, my arms are already suffering," you huffed.

"We'll take turns," Percy replied. "Don't think I'll be driving the whole time! I'm not your uber—"

"I don't have a license," Calypso responded with a bit of worry.

"Don't worry, sunshine, we know," you patted her arm to ease her.

This was Calypso's first Halloween celebration with the whole group, she wasn't a fan of scary stuff, but she was intrigued as to why all of you were so fond of it. She'd overheard you and Leo planning this year's costumes, and she wanted to know what was so special about this week.

"I don't have a license either," Piper said.

"But you know how to drive a car," you replied.

"No no no, I'm not letting anyone without a license drive my mom's car," Percy stated.

"And I'm not driving cause I'm the only one that knows how to read this," Annabeth frowned at the sight of colorful lines on the paper. "I think."

"Okay! So that leaves Percy, Y/N, and I as the designated drivers?" Will questioned.

Percy looked at you through the rearview mirror and grimaced, you were known to be an angry driver, but you were determined to do your best.

"I promise I won't yell at other drivers," you sighed tiredly.

"What about honking?" Percy added.

"I won't do that either."

"Good. Then yes, seems like it's up to us three."

"Yay," Will and you said without real excitement.

"So," Calypso rolled down her window. "What are we doing for a whole week? I thought Halloween was only one night?"

Piper grinned. "For most people, but last year Y/N infected all of us with the spooky fever and we spend a whole week planning and celebrating."

"The Greeks had a similar celebration," Annabeth added. "They used to put up some kind of altar and then food, and give each other sweet things to celebrate the lives of those who were no longer with them... something like that, but I'm not really sure, I haven't read much on the subject."

"So we're doing a greek celebration in Camp Jupiter?" Calypso frowned.

"Oh no," you laughed. "Frank offered to host the party last year, that's all. Got nothing to do with who we are."

"Yeah, last year Y/N and the others hosted the party at our camp," Will explained. "So now it's their turn to rest while Camp Jupiter does the preparations."

"I don't wanna rest, though," you smirked. "I have plans."

"Y/N..." Annabeth warned you.

"C'mon, it's nothing terrible. What I meant is that I'll be around seeing if they need help with anything."

"If not we can always just go to our place and watch scary movies?" Percy offered. "We haven't invited all of you at once to our apartment, that'd be cool, right?"

"Sure," Annabeth's eyes were already shining with the recognizable glint of plan-making. "I mean, Cal needs to catch up with all the classic scary movies, and the not-so-scary. What do you think?"

Calypso blushed, she tended to do that when overwhelmed. "As long as they're not too disgusting or with... you know... I don't know, guys. I've never watched a scary thing. What if I can't take it? I might not be able to enjoy this as much as you do..."

Your heart ache for the girl, ever since Leo had gotten her out of the island she'd wanted nothing more than to fit in with all of you. She wanted friends, a community were to feel welcomed, and the perspective of not enjoying something that everyone else did was obviously making her uncomfortable.

"Hey, it's not like we'll kick you out of here if you don't," you tried to calm her. "Jason's not a big fan of scary movies either, Hazel finds them upsetting too, and we don't force them to watch them. If you think you're not up for it I promise there will be no hard feelings."

"Yeah, we can find something else for you," Percy nodded, "maybe baking the spooky treats, Nico is going all out on that front. He keeps saying we didn't do it right last year," he said, a little of annoyance seeping through. Percy was touchy about people judging his taste in snacks. "Or decorating, I heard Leo's finally on duty this year!"

"Yeah, he begged Hazel and Frank to let him help, that's why he left a day early," you smiled, "I wanted to go too, but I had to pick up Calypso from the Waystation."

"Point is, our Halloween has many interesting, fun stuff going on, you'll find one that's right for you," Piper finished, squeezing Calypso's hand in a friendly manner.

"Okay," the former goddess smiled, looking in a better mood.

"Don't worry, Cal," you said, barely able to stop yourself from squirming out of pure excitement in your seat. "It's going to be the best week of the year!"